Equities gappers

Discussion in 'Journals' started by glazier, Feb 26, 2019.

1. glazier

glazier

[​IMG]

+$70

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    #21     Mar 13, 2019
  2. glazier

glazier

MSFT would have been amazing, but earlier someone was advising me to move my stops to b/e straight away, and on this occasion it turned out to bet the wrong choice!
    Untitled.png

CVS was decent

untittled.png

#22     Mar 13, 2019
  3. %% Sounds overpriced/thousands, too large gaps tend not to work well.Exception to any rule; TTD is still going up off a 30% gap=most dont.
    Books are best buy; but stock price can only go up or down or sideways slop chop.

AS far as ''killing it with live calls'', you could pay thousands; but stock price can only go uptrend or downtrend, or sideways slop-chop trend.

Buy tech stocks season is OCT-APR or May; so we're real late in the season.The uptrend could get more extended.You would most likely be better printing /study charts; but if you enjoy spending money off overpriced ''education'' ,its fine with me LOL:D:DI have overspent on guns.LOL

#23     Mar 13, 2019
  4. glazier

glazier

[​IMG]

-$210

Tomrrow is my last day before I change it up slighty in terms of my stock selection.
    Todays trade that killed me was a symbol that I wouldn't trade going forward with my new stock selection rules whereby i'll largely be sticking to stocks I 'know' and 'gappers' will be more heavily vetted and will need to meet certain requirements. We'll see....

#24     Mar 14, 2019
  5. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png
    This is why I tend to try to make the method work, though and have stuck with it for so long. There are people who trade these 'gappers' only, and seem to have a crystal ball. (the guy who posted that screen shot trades such stocks everyday and kills it every day. He didn't trade AKTX though, so need to try to work out HOW he chooses which gappers to trade). Trading a method that I know 'works' for at least one person makes that method tempting, but without ALL of the rules, I guess it's irrelevant.

So yeah, from monday, gonna be largely ignoring 'gappers' and just trading from a basket of stocks that I 'like'

#25     Mar 14, 2019
  6. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

shorted the break of a perfect looking triangle. It DID give me about 1:1 profit in fairness but was looking for more based on the pattern

#26     Mar 14, 2019
  7. Don't feel bad, I had a red day today too. I traded GILD as well. And got smacked around in PYPL. Saw a good play on MOMO as well but hesitated, and missed out on .15cents.

#27     Mar 14, 2019
    glazier likes this.
  8. glazier

glazier

yeah, momo was basically my only good trade/symbol, really Untitled.png ,

#28     Mar 14, 2019
  9. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

+$80

#29     Mar 15, 2019
  10. glazier