Equities gappers

Discussion in 'Journals' started by glazier, Feb 26, 2019.

1. glazier

glazier

Net +$14

[​IMG]

2. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

Net +$193

3. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

Net +$108

4. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

($-140)

5. glazier

glazier

Anyone else here intraday trade gappers out of interest?

I'm tempted to buy the course of a trader who I've been watching in a trading room who kills it with his live calls so I know he's 'legit'. Shares his screen. Posts statements. Calls trades BEFORE the fact etc.

But it'd be great if there's some successful trader on here who could maybe share some tips! I really don't want shell out thousands on a course.

In terms of method, i'm trading 1 mins charts. Scanning the market for gappers with stocks that have good volume, decent volatility and stock prices between say $10 and $50 or so, and usually looking for gap continuation plays / breakouts / patterns.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

+$10

7. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

(-$30)

8. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png

This one stopped it from being a winning day today. CTRP.
    Very big gap up, and when it lost it's open and settled below the Vwap and looked like it was losing it, I took the short. Stopped out

Went in again shortly after as it looked like it was making lower highs and bearing in mind the large gap, decided that sellers might jump on board here. Was looking OK initially, but took another loss on it.

Was now thinking 'long', but suspected that if i'd have went long, it would have crashed and thought i'd already lost enough on this stock and so sat on my hands

vanzandt likes this.
  9. glazier

glazier

yay. Managed to turn the day green. Big winner onKSS

Definitely done for the day now

Untitled.png

+$70

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. glazier

glazier

Untitled.png