EQIX down 25% AH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Oct 5, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

$28 vs. .50 is a "Mars and Venus" difference. I'd say the .50 is a bad quote.

#11     Oct 6, 2010
  2. much ignorance here a usual. doesn't anyone ever check their bs?

50 cents is right. it was 5% out of the money and I believe it was a WARN not a scheduled earn.

And forget your pipe dreams, none of you is ever gonna have one like that unless you are prepared to buy 100 that go out at zero.

[​IMG]

#12     Oct 6, 2010
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Thanks, that makes sense. I thought they had an earnings call and guided down. The .50 premium makes a lot more sense now.

#13     Oct 6, 2010
  4. looks like a classic case of complacency, wish this stock was on my radar. But this is still nuts, the stock has a last trade of $70 on my screen, that's a 30%+ drop.....

#14     Oct 7, 2010
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

When I first started trading, I would often search for stocks that had fallen badly over period of time to buy calls and high flyers (like this one) to buy puts. It was a good strategy and I had a couple home runs, but nothing like this one!

#15     Oct 7, 2010
  6. Catalite

Catalite

There was a guy who traded for a living in the option pits in the 1980s that would buy out of the money options, and finance them with butterflies. He made over $100 million in the crash of 1987.

#16     Oct 7, 2010
  7. long the atm flies and otm strangle? i dont see how he can do this consistently to breakeven or make money each month waiting for that crash.

#17     Oct 8, 2010
  8. Catalite

Catalite

OK, I spent 30 minutes looking for the guy's name on google and it eludes me. I read an interview somewhere, maybe a major business journal or maybe one of the market wizard books.

#18     Oct 10, 2010
  9. Probably Tony Saliba.

#19     Oct 10, 2010