EQ (ErlangerQuote ex Ravenquote) Users?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Neil, Mar 19, 2002.

1. :cool:

OK peace, man.

Give SWP a try. I think it has most of the features of EQ but is a much better bargain.

#11     Mar 20, 2002
  2. Neil

Neil

peace and goodwill too.... I gave swp a try.. see earlier post. I liked it and it is similar to EQ but pos not as robust a prog.. I wrote to them about the formula prob.. I think my pivot formulas were giving swp indigestion! Maybe they will sort that out soon..

Just trying to find the best overall prog that suits me.. not sold on any yet really.. have used nextrend for six months or so and still have an affection for it.. but is limited in some ways.. I do like being able to run my own formulas... not so much in charts as in quote boards.. my trading style is fairly simple.. in fact the more complicated I get the worse I do it seems..

will keep on keeping on and thanks for any input here...

Neil

#12     Mar 20, 2002

3. Amen to that. I've had the same experience. Although it is hours of fun, I generally have to force myself to stop screwing around and trade simple things that work. I mean, if nobody else is doing what I am, whose trades am I going to frontrun? :D

By pivot formulas, do you mean simple 0.38/0.62/etc. levels? I keep meaning to program those into SWP, but until today I didn't realize that you could plot formulas...thanks! :p

#13     Mar 20, 2002
  4. Neil

Neil

Those pivots would be retracements? The ones I am using are the old style support/resistance... P1. R1. S1, R2, S2 calculated using yesterday highs, lows and close.. simple formula in principle but gets pretty heavy by the last calcs in practice... long formulas which is the problem I suppose

I am sure you are familiar with them but for anyone else there is a good explanation of pivots here http://www.ticon.net/~prosten/stuff_on_pivots.htm

Some progs have them as standard formulas but not all.. still deciding if they are useful... certainly help sometimes.. I got them to plot on swp charts perfectly.. the problem was with screen redrawing as I pulled up menus or changed chart symbols.. that is not a problem on EQ.. does them fast enough for me..

Neil

#14     Mar 20, 2002
  5. oneway

oneway

Fleance:

"I also noticed that the new EQ is moderated now; Not a good way to build goodwill among your users if you don't even trust what they have to say."

You know what the lame excuse is that Philly boy gives for his moderation? He says that he is warding off his competition that continualy is trying to solicite his users...AND...get this...He says that it also to prevent the transmission of Virus's.

What crock of crap. How disengenuous. The board went unmoderated when Mitch ran the joint and we never had problems with virus's and if Phil is so insecure in his customer base either his product sucks or his customer service sucks. Neither of these are true, though and he double dips with his 80 bucks...

Phil is full of crap with his reasons for moderating his board...I still havn't heard a believable reason why he would have to.

Dumb and dumber

#15     Mar 24, 2002
  6. Neil

Neil

I agree oneway.. lamo excuse.. oh well nowt to be done about it I guess.. is a shame tho since it does stop people talking to each other.. too slow..

Not seen eric there this week either.. I hope that is because he is working too hard on improvements to visit the board!

Neil

#16     Mar 24, 2002
  7. "The price for the new ErlangerQuote is $79.95 a month. Yes it's a higher price than the old service. But to provide the dramatic improvements and upgrades in the software -- like the ones we've already delivered -- we have to charge the few extra dollars every month. But those extra dollars pay off in a big way for you.

Eric Hunsader is the best in the business, and top talent carries a hefty price tag. But you get what you pay for in this world. Every dime that you pay will be plowed right back into product development. I've got a big, big future planned for ErlangerQuote."

Tacky!!!!

#17     Mar 24, 2002
  8. oneway

oneway

The eighty bucks is not the issue to me....I pay nearly 800 bucks a month for all the junk I subscribe to and data feeds and redundent internet feeds....and compared to the money you make that is peanuts too.

Anyone who bitches about the eighty bucks shouldn't be trading.....

What peeves me is the 6-8 hours it takes to get a message posted on the board...

I don't buy the excuses given but that doesnt matter either....

Why in the world don't you grant full board privledges to those who have been a member and havn't tried to spam the board or pass a virus...?

It really is counterproductive to continue with this policy. Many people say it and believe it....Qcharts board works fine without moderation. You could even grant administrative privledge to people like enthios...who monitor the board daily...and there are others....its a problem with an easy solution.....

I have another question for you. What plans do you have for releasing either a C++ SDK or better yet a VB SDK? What type of SDK is Protradingsystems using?

You would have me signed back up in a heartbeat if you gave me an SDK so I could fix some of the plug-ins as well as to write new ones....

#18     Mar 24, 2002
  9. Neil

Neil

Oneway.. who are you talking to? I totally agree with you but I don't think Phil or anyone from EQ visits here.. I might be wrong of course.. is that last post a copy of a post sent to EQ's board?

It is a bit tacky I also agree.. but I have been spending a very pleasant weekend playing with formulas and arranging my workspaces to my hearts content.. yes I know.. get a life! But its quiet out here in the country! lol EQ seems a great program to me despite all the aforementioned problems.. I like the publishing feature so you can see other people's formulas and layouts and examine formulas etc.. is there any other program that does this sort of thing? I ain't wedded to EQ so do NOT get me wrong (only had it a few days).. if there is a better and cheaper prog please let me know... Qcharts feed is crap for me sometimes.. but my ISDN line here in the west of ireland is useless sometimes so I am not sure who to blame..

Neil

#19     Mar 24, 2002
  10. oneway

oneway

Ya I blew it....

I saw the cut and paste after I had posted. I thought the mighty Erlanger or another EQ body actually was taking time to check out what the otherside had to say...I had confused the post directly above mine.

Stupid me

#20     Mar 24, 2002