Epiphany Method

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by EpiphanyTrading, Mar 2, 2010.

1. punter

punter

nice response. i was just merely responding to calculator, the notion that you, or any sponsor, must 'respond carefully' to a poster here for fear of ET demonization is just ridiculous. because really, nobody who actually trades even cares.

the long base prior to breakout in active stock. i think its a great setup. worth mentioning its probably good because its a. hard to find, b. doesn't happen 100 times a day.

good on you for putting that on your site for free.

#31     Mar 6, 2010
  2. john12

john12

I think its wrong as heck for et to allow advertising prop houses to sit here and recruit.I assure you with the sterling software platform this prop firm is paying max 50 cents /1000 shares and charging $3-$5/1000 . all they're really doing is providing $30-$50k loans per account to get guys with $5-$10k down to $200k buying power. they have little to no risk and can overide 300-500% per trade. so lets say jack blow trades 1 million shares a month. jack blow pays $3-$5 k commissions per month of which this prop firm makes $2500-$4k per month in overides. this is just a staggering sum of money`. so in essence for a 50k loan they're making 100% a year profit. multiply that by 50-100 traders andyou're talking $2.5-$5 mil a year in overides. a sharp negotiating retail trader can get $1.50/1000 with sterling threw many vendors for 1 mil shares.i don't blame prop houses for doing this but traders are fools for not shopping hard.

#32     Mar 6, 2010
  3. Epiphany Craigslist Ad:

Epiphany Trading - Proprietary Trading (Downtown)

Date: 2010-02-13, 10:17AM EST
    Reply to: HR@EpiphanyTrading.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

Epiphany Trading is now hiring traders to trade the firm's capital. That is right, Epiphany Trading is rolling out a brand new trading model and providing the capital. You are not required to make any capital contribution. Additionally, those employed in this trading program are eligible for Epiphany's health care plan provided by Emblem Health.

If you are interested in becoming an Epiphany Trader and learn our many trading strategies, Contact HR@EpiphanyTrading.com

www.EpiphanyTrading.com

Compensation: Compensation to be negotiated
    Telecommuting is ok.
    This is a contract job.
    OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
    OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
    PostingID: 1598996954

#33     Mar 6, 2010
  4. punter

punter

no noob will do 1,000,000 shares a month. i wrote in another thread that there are too many people running around talking about deals for noobs. This deal is not the .0015 you mention, but a good example is goldie. you can't get a 75, .0002 as a noob. don't believe me? go talk to rob, tell him you've never traded, and see how far you get.

besides that, a lot of traders flat out make more on a .004 100. as a general rule, the biggest, most profitable traders i ever met paid higher commish, every single time. why is that? because a profitable trader with a higher commish needs to have a higher ticket ave (ave profit per share) then a little punter trading on a .0000000nothing who doesn't have an incentive, or a requirement, to have a bigger pnl swing. you don't know anybody on a .0002 with a 20-50k intraday pnl swing. guys paying .002-.004, are the few i've seen do it with this rate. never met a little .0002 scalper do this, and consequently, weren't the most profitable.

a lot of people actually make more on a .004 100 then .0002 75. and a .0015 100, again, you would need some type of experience/theres a catch like min vol.

bottom line is if you're brand new, there isn't any reason you why you wouldn't get a shit .0002 deal (with a retarded split) or .004-.007. EVERYBODY pays there dues one way or another. Nobody just started out on the best deal. and yet, thats all noobs want to talk about, getting the best deal...its ridiculous.

No risk? are you kidding me? this is an llc's/bd's RIGHT to take an override. do you know how hard it is to start one from scratch? theres a reason theres always 2 folks involved in a llc/bd. even as a profitable trader making 200k a year, you'd have to save for almost a decade before you had enough money to barely leverage a group/ to start completely on your own (not owning a retarded branch)

take that, and the fact that some little piker might be leaning on a big bid massively, then its halted, and now your llc just evaporated. anybody running an llc/bd giving out 100's and choosing NOT to make money on overrides is ridiculous, its their right.

#34     Mar 6, 2010
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

I'd like to thank you for the free information you've posted on ET. I've gleaned some good stuff and your description of the trades above is a lot of what I got. Thursday morning I had a buy stop 1 tick above the opening range high on AAPL, because I knew a lot of "it's too high now" traders who shorted too soon would be trapped. I captured a beautiful .93 cent move in 4 minutes.

I look forward to your renewed posts, because I now understand what your trading is about.

#35     Mar 6, 2010
  6. Is Epiphany a registered broker dealer?

ITrade

#36     Mar 6, 2010
  7. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

Epiphany Trading is NOT a registered broker dealer. We have worked with counsel to make sure that we do not resemble one. We are a customer of multiple broker dealers.

A. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT DEPOSITS.

B. We trade one account only, the firm's account which is significantly capitalized.

C. We do not receive any payments from a clearing firm or broker. We are a customer and PAY commissions.

We understand the existence of proprietary trading firms whom have existed in the past (ie TUCO) Our attorneys have studied the files and provided us with legal opinion in relation to how we operate. At this point, Epiphany Trading's operations are structured most comparable to a conventional hedge fund.

In all fairness, we do not intend to provide a blueprint for our trade secrets on a public forum. However, feel free to contact if you have an interest in our firm.

Brendan P. Byrne, President
    Epiphany Trading, LLC

#37     Mar 7, 2010
  8. Ok epiphany is operating like t-3,velez and the rest. so the days of taking deposits and giving a staight $2/1000 and 100% payouts is coming to and end for non licensed firms. so my question brendan is do the traders still have to sign up with the clearing house directly to get access to the trading software and such are are all contracts directly between the hedge fund and the trader? i'm assuming now the clearing firm has no knowledge of who's trading the master hedge fund as its none of there business. this setup is for mostly new traders who have little capital.i'd advise experienced traders who need big capital to get there series 7 and go to echo or carlin.

#38     Mar 7, 2010
  9. EpiphanyTrading

NoDoji,

We are glad to be of help. We have come a long way with our company and have come back to this forum as a sponsor. We are doing our best to filter out the noise provided by the idle hands of hecklers. We respect your input as a noted contributor of this site.

We would help you any way we can. We are not magicians, nor do we hold the secrets of the universe. We are traders and a community. A lot of our calls come from our most junior members. When we see something we call it out. We are past and ignore the conspiracy theorist. There are no tricks, shooting against, or any other antics for that matter. We feel that the value of our value correlates to the network theory. The generally accepted value of a network is the square of the sum of its parts. We can all do the math, the more people we have within our network the better, exponentially.

That being said, feel free to join us. We gather everyday in our chat room. There is no fee, nor do you have to trade with Epiphany. You can contribute as little or as much as you like. We would have loved to have joined you on the AAPL.

Thank you again,

Brendan

#39     Mar 7, 2010
  10. EpiphanyTrading

Good question.

The trader has no relationship with a broker dealer or clearing firm. The trading software is provided to the trader through Epiphany Trading, LLC. However, the trader must fill out paperwork with our data provider to have access to quotes. The exchange fees charged to the firm are passed on to the trader's P&L.

Please do not compare Epiphany Trading to Velez, of which I am assuming you are talking about Team Trading, LLC, formerly VCM > HLV > and or Charlie Vaccaro. It would be like comparing the Bad News Bears to the Yankees.

This statement implies something incorrect. A series 7 is not necessary to have access to "big capital". It is only necessary to trade with a registered firm. Epiphany Trading, like most hedge funds are not registered. Some of the largest portfolio managers in the world trade for funds and are not registered. Epiphany Trading has more at it's disposal than most any trader on this site. Epiphany Trading is not concerned with finding capital, we are conversely in short supply of talent. So, if you are one of the few, and it made sense, it would not be out of the question to have multi million dollar box size.

Brendan P. Byrne, President
    Epiphany Trading, LLC

#40     Mar 7, 2010