Epicurus on God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. A very good suggestion. It only prompts him to respond and thereby conclude that he "won" because he responded. Quite a while back I made the observation that one of the pitfalls of engaging an imbecile in an exchange of any kind, is that he doesn't even know when he has been eviscerated. Hence the expression, "He's too dumb to die."

#51     Nov 17, 2010
  2. There you go again as if on cue... you just can't shake your loser upbringing, can you Gayfly?
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2999240&#post2999240

P.S. No surprise that you'd sympathize with a phony and poser like Ricter. I'm happy you've found a kindred spirit :p

#52     Nov 17, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Introspection?

#53     Nov 17, 2010
  4. put him on ignore. people that cant be civil dont deserve to be heard.

#54     Nov 17, 2010
  5. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Let me get this straight... you're writing THAT to Gayfly? :D

#55     Nov 17, 2010
  6. Faulty logic - it is possible that there is a legitimate reason to allow evil to happen, without being malevolent.

IMO it's quite likely that evil is actually necessary for species survival, in which case allowing evil would actually be compelling evidence of benevolence, not the opposite. So IMO the god squad are going to win this little dispute :D

#56     Nov 17, 2010
  7. The benevolence of evil...who woulda thunk it. :p

I do, however, like the "god squad" reference, and may be inclined to use it from time to time. :D

#57     Nov 17, 2010
  8. Ah - some insight. Refreshing.

That doesn't mean people like evil or condone it of course.

As for God being responsible etc, etc.., what make people think they didn't make a choice to be here?

#58     Nov 18, 2010

9. the irony of course being that you are so locked into your 'beliefs' that you fail to recognize how little you do to advance 'the truth'...

i've read some stupid shit in my day, but they pale in comparison to yours, mainly because yours are phrased so grammatically well-formed

(Gadfly is only worth responding to because he basically assumes the role of our leftist superiors, and does it as well as anyone... a well-educated, ignoramus, who 'knows' whats best, and is aghast when people rebel against his benevolent authority. A man who deep down knows he is barely worth more than his spittle, but was showered with affection by his leftist benefactors, and is as deluded as those he ridicules.)

-100000000000 worthless, grow up

#59     Nov 18, 2010
  10. stu

stu

Faulty logic:p - You think a good person who falls victim to evil through no fault of their own makes a choice for evil?

#60     Nov 18, 2010