Epic collapse of KWEB

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by nitrene, Aug 17, 2021.

1. nitrene

nitrene

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that is the endgame for the CCP. Now that they got the money from the West move them back to the HK exchange. At least that is the rhetoric from Xi and friends.

#21     Jan 6, 2022
  2. mervyn

mervyn

we started it with trump, so they left.

#22     Jan 6, 2022
  3. qwerty11

qwerty11

Hope you didn't do? It could barely hold $10 last days/weeks...

#23     Jan 6, 2022
  4. ???
    I’m showing the 52 week low at $33.62

Was there a R/S??

#24     Jan 8, 2022
  5. qwerty11

qwerty11

CWEB...

#25     Jan 9, 2022
  6. maxinger

maxinger

Soon it might be around zero

#26     Jan 9, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. The best buying opportunity is when the delisting happens.

#27     Jan 10, 2022
  8. nitrene

nitrene

KWEB (or the 2X CWEB) seems like it may have bottomed. It seems to not fall much anymore and it has done a lot better than the US tech stocks recently. However on CNBC Asia this morning a few analysts seem to intimate the crack down on regulation isn't quite done yet. Assuming the stocks in the ETF don't get the death penalty its probably worth the risk.

I've noticed the EEM seems to outperform the US markets recently so maybe the US dollar will finally fall. You really need the tailwind of a falling dollar to realistically outperform if your buying these foreign ETFs.

#28     Jan 10, 2022
  9. A majority of holdings of kweb are either listed in US or HK, as the HK dollar is pegged to the US dollar, the currency risk is minimum.

#29     Jan 10, 2022
  10. What happens to KWEB options if the ETF is dissolved and then starts trading as an ETF on the HK stock exchange? I'm not sure if this is a plausible scenario, but still wondering.

#30     Mar 14, 2022