EODDATA - Now Intraday ?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by RussianBear, Jun 3, 2005.

1. I found today that at http://www.eoddata.com/IntraDay.asp they consider starting dissemination of intraday data after the market close. The idea is to supply those interested in proprietary analysis of trading ideas with historical data. Does anybody here know these guys? Are their traditional EOD daily data clean enough to expect also good intraday data from them?
    They are planning to charge $20 monthly. Maybe somebody could recommend some other sources of intraday historical quotes at comparable low prices? (Currently I receive quotes from Quotes.com, but their quality do not satisfy at all).

2. It stinks spam...

3. //It stinks spam...//

What are your reasons?

4. JackR

JackR

Concur with the spam assessment.

No contact info except via email, no street address, no phone, and the data is not true intraday, it's a 15 minute sample and will not be available until 250 people sign up at $20 per subscriber.

Don't think I'd leave any personal info on that site.

5. This sentence in particular :

Maybe somebody could recommend some other sources of intraday historical quotes at comparable low prices?

6. Thanks a lot for unprovoked abuse. Now, be it known to you that this is not spam but a sincere question. Than what? Do you have any recommendation?

7. No problem. Then complain to the moderator if you're not a spammer...

8. JackR

JackR

Real intra-day historical data is not cheap. There is a huge amount of data. Look at Prophet.Net for relatively inexpensive data but be sure you run a filter for strange excursions that don't always get corrected.