EOD traders only journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, May 9, 2017.

1. I work and trade after work only. I know there are others out there. Lets make this a journal for those of us that don't look at intraday charts. Lets try to keep a high content to noise ratio, so no flaming or debating TA vs fundamentals etc. Either is welcome here. If you post a trade post your reason maybe in the format I am showing below. Everyone is welcome but please keep it professional and productive.

Long PA (palladium futures) @ 792.
    Reason: I trade with automated ACD spreadsheet I created. PA is showing great numberline vs other metals.
    Stop Loss: No money stop, just a change in sentiment on my spreadsheet.
    Profit: Same as stop loss.

FCXoptions and themickey like this.
  2. Here is a view of my monthly spreadsheet for the non-currency products I'm tracking. I only traded gold until recently and am slowly adding, starting with metals, because I know metals and worked in the industry before. If I had been around at the beginning of the month I would be short gold but I was out of town for work. Obviously there were other trades but I don't trade bonds or energy yet.

EXCEL_2017-05-09_15-05-25.png

3. @baggerlord What kind of factors do you take into account when calculating this sentiment in your spreadsheet?

4. R1234

R1234

do those numbers represent the # of contracts you are holding each day?

5. No lol I am a small time trader. That is my ACD number line for the month. There is a 10,000 page thread on ACD here that is awesome. I recommend reading it. I would like this place to be for trades.

6. Close PA trade @798 so +6. Ran my EOD program just now before work or would have closed it last night. Went up but NL went negative. That's not a typical holding period.

7. Short 10 YR 125'025

8. Got off early today so doing some market analysis. Here is what I am looking at:

Bonds are showing the most weakness this month. Eurodollar are the exception so either an outright short or a long ED/short 10 Y spread would be the trade. I'm currently short 10Y as posted. This is my first bond trade. I went with the 10 year because some of my ACD indicators are showing the 30 and 5 as being somewhat oversold.

Equities are marginally positive. Long ES would be a decent trade. I currently am long small delta on the SPY in an option trade I made a few days ago.

I don't trade energy yet but I would be watching oil and gasoline for short signals right now on this pullback. NG signaled long yesterday.

GC PL and SI are are saying go short. I feel like I missed the boat there being out of town. Oh well. I got a short signal on SI on 4/12 and my spreadsheet still says to hold!

Thats what I'm looking at. I'm not taking any more trades right now just managing the ones I have on.

9. I forgot to mention currencies. I am trading very small in forex to get my feet wet and took a EUR/USD short today at 1.0874

For all my trades profit and loss are based on my ACD number line, no hard dollar stops. My goal is to capture big moves so I let the objective computer tell me when to get out. My entries are pretty subjective but I never trade against the number lines and I let them tell me when to close the trade. I've learned in the past I am no good at managing positions subjectively.

10. I'm closing my SPY trade at a small loss at the open today. Still feeling good about the EUR/USD short and 10Y Short.

#10     May 12, 2017