EOD Rally Has All The Makings of PPT Involvement

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrDODGE, Dec 2, 2008.

1. The question was about the intraday trading range, not the unemployment rate, nitwit.

You don't even trade.

#11     Dec 2, 2008
  2. #12     Dec 2, 2008
  3. There has been way too much optimism for this to be the bottom.

#13     Dec 2, 2008
  4. I agree that the concept is perceived as controversial, but why should it be? We have federal officials from the president on down stating with pride that all tools available will be used to keep markets afloat. This is encouraged and openly occurs in the debt market routinely(the O & M in FOMC). They've just confiscated $700B of our tax dollars and refuse to tell us where it is. I, for one, believe it could well be in equities.

Hey, Paulson: prove me wrong.

#14     Dec 2, 2008
  5. Helicopter Pelosi just said the automakers will get their bailout. Did anyone really think they wouldn't?

They are now asking for $28 billion instead of the original $25 billion they asked for a few weeks back.

#15     Dec 2, 2008
  6. Why about the $1.2 trillion they refuse to announce where it went?

#16     Dec 2, 2008
  7. If the Ym volume isn't there then it wasn't the PPT.

Could the Dog(equities) be wagging the tail(futures) instead of the other way around? Oh noes....

#17     Dec 2, 2008
  8. The GM bailout will add another 10% to indexes.

#18     Dec 2, 2008
  9. Just like the last bailout???

#19     Dec 2, 2008
  10. We have YET to experience <i><b>true panic selling</i></b>. However at these levels, sellers and buyers are scant - hence the drift lower and the jumps with minor Paulson futures infusion.

Doesn't take much even in the face of hedge funds liquidating (see today). However, each time we get a decent Bear Market rally enough hedge fund selling will capitalize on the Paulson bubble in prices and sell off deep.

pay$

:p

#20     Dec 2, 2008