EOD data provider for Linux machine?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ratan961, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ratan961

ratan961

Currently using CSI on a Windows machine, but trying to switch over to just Linux. I'm having trouble even finding a software option for non-Windows OS. Are there any out there? TIA!

Joel

2. just21

just21

3. ratan961

ratan961

I don't want to have to write my own API code to pull the entire US market down. I'd like a prepackaged solution to download to something like CSV. Are there any tools to go along with those?

4. just21

just21

What are you doing with the data? Maybe the Linux version of IB tws does what you want.

5. Quiet1

Quiet1

Have you looked into using Oracle's Virtualbox to run a windows VM inside Linux (with a shared area of disk)?

6. ratan961

ratan961

I'm loading the data into a database currently.
    And I'm trying to avoid Windows entirely to keep things simple, so using a VM doesn't help a lot there.

7. just21

just21

The objective is to make money not have a religious belief.

niko79542 likes this.
  8. just21

just21

9. 2rosy

2rosy

CSI provides the data through ftp. so at the command line type "ftp get" :D

10. toonerdy

toonerdy

Several years ago, I subscribed to eoddata.com and deltaneutral.com, each of which offered daily comma separated variable (".csv") files via file transfer protocol ("FTP"), which I believe I mirrored under Linux using wget with "ftp://hostname/file" URL's. Perhaps you could do the same with other tools, such as "curl".

I believe that, back then, at least one of those two stopped providing bid-ask data for US equity options, many of which do not trade in a day, making that part of their data almost useless.

#10     Sep 7, 2017