Envelopes, Waves, and Cycles

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by expiated, Jan 30, 2020.

1. how many millionaires are in here?

#51     May 1, 2020
  2. expiated

expiated

Wednesday / August 12, 2020

Though I felt like my charts had been "finalized" about a year ago, I continued to make little changes. But, in the last week or two, I initiated a process I called "optimizing" my settings, and now find myself 100% satisfied with what I see rates doing following my interpretation of the visuals plotted on my graphs.

The final, final version looks a bit more confusing than most of those leading up to it, such as this one from April 3, 2020.

[​IMG]

This is because I discovered that the system works a lot better using a number of envelopes that have a lot of overlap rather than just three or four reflecting widely dispersed time frames.

#52     Aug 12, 2020
    easymon1 likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

I went Simpler, I needed a small loss with potentially bigger profit, find my little range in white works well.

Range is Envelope 7ema High 0.01% with the Top showing and bottom none and Low vice versa, and a 18ema 0.01% for over all direction. ( adapts width to Bar's size/volatility with a tad extra on top, so scales to M5 or H1 well to )
    Exp Simpler.jpg
    I only take trades where my loss will be 5-7pts, but upside 7 - 50pts ( 25 typical ) and I move SL to reduce losses even more aswell.

Similar to your method made it a another Line near maybe it'll bounce, move SL and repeat, repeat then down 50pts, where as if I'd of taken -5pts and got back in on the right side I'd make 40pts. Used to only work with small positions and averaging down then big hits occasionally being the downside.

#53     Aug 12, 2020
    easymon1 likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

I doubt it will be impressive because trading is not about indicators.

Indicators are for professional talkers and professional writers and newbie traders, not professional traders

Prefessional writers/talkers and professional traders are natural enemies.
    They don't see eye to eye

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    #54     Aug 12, 2020
  5. .sigma

.sigma

I don't think any system, especially a trading system, or charting system etc can be "finalized" as the markets are an ever evolving mechanism so you must adapt with the times.

#55     Aug 12, 2020
    maxinger likes this.
  6. expiated

expiated

Perhaps you are right, but if so, experience is going to have to prove this to me. For example, I believe that as long as both the crimson and midnight blue moving averages are sloping downward, the best course of action will be to sell and that this will never change. Similarly, if both moving averages are sloping upward, the best course of action will be to buy, and no matter how the markets evolve, this will always hold true. Whatever the system, it need not be much more complicated than this.

ScreenHunter_8531 Aug. 12 20.58.jpg

#56     Aug 13, 2020
    parisboy likes this.
  7. parisboy

parisboy

There are a lot of guys writing just to fill space on a forum. It is impressive.

#57     Aug 13, 2020
  8. maxinger

maxinger

I totally agree.
    there are tons of info about those lines and curves and triangles in internet / forum /bookstore.
    and they look very impressive.
    Professional talkers and writers are very good in promoting these materials and that was the reason why I was brainwashed.

I learned all those things in 1980s.
    It took me quite sometime to delete all those lines and curves and triangles from my charts and decontaminate my mind.
    And that's how I made progress.

All the best to you mister.

#58     Aug 13, 2020
  9. easymon1

easymon1

What timeframe charts do you like?
    What average hold times?

#59     Aug 13, 2020
  10. themickey

themickey

This is what Jack reckons....

#60     Aug 13, 2020