Entry rules?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by dvshucks, Dec 31, 2008.

1. I posted this round about in another forum before I knew exactly what I was dealing with. I'm looking for some help.

I have a friend that is starting a super small hedge fund that will trade based on fundamentals. All he knows is research and stock selection. He has asked my help for technical trade rules. My experience is only with day trading so I was hoping someone could help me with good rules to use for entering trades (lets say longs) that might last up to a few months. Entries that might improve the odds of the trade to help him get going on the right foot.

Thanks for your help, have a good new year.

2. Stand back....

3. no one can help?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Best "entry" rule I know of is: Don't be a fool wrap your tool.

:)

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Assuming it's a robust strategy to begin with. If your entries are price/chart based couldn't he just apply your rules to a longer time frame?

6. MGJ

MGJ

I don't know whether I would like to invest in a hedge fund that times trade entries based upon the advice that a friend received from anonymous strangers on a chat board. Somehow it seems a bit less than professional.

7. His friend actually meant he's opening up an e-trade account.

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

third post http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146039&perpage=6&pagenumber=10

9. What's funny is OP registered in 2003.

10. LMAO :p

#10     Feb 27, 2009