entry management

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by danmb280, Mar 27, 2010.

1. cannot get through. Too much interference, as there is complete ignorance about scientific, mathematic or statistical validity.

Yes, lets move on...

#21     Apr 12, 2010

2. You keep calling me ignorant when you should in fact look in the mirror. You are so closed-minded as to be nearly insane.

Just for fun, which statement is it that you don't agree with? or both?

1) scaled entries that improve the cost basis of the position can be more profitable.

2) scaled exits allowing a portion of the position to run for an outsized large gain while risk-free can help profitablity.

Because these are exactly the 2 principles we are talking about here.

You are in effect saying that you don't think that better average entry prices and occasional big outsized winners are good for traders.

I defy you to show me any mathematical proof that argues against these 2 statements, Mr. Scientist

#22     Apr 13, 2010
  3. No.Heat

No.Heat

No idea why there is so much ego in this site. Anyway, no reason to generalize.

It all depends in how precise you are as a trader when you enter or exit. Naturally you have setup backtests to know where you stand.

If for the most part you lack precision on entries, well scaling in will benefit you, same with the exits and scaling out.

If you got precision, scaling will hurt because then most of your winners will leave on small size and get stopped on full size.

Study your setups study yourself and use whatever fits you best for that particular setup.

That's about it really, keep it simple egomaniacs :)

#23     Apr 13, 2010
  4. ammo

ammo

this subject has come up countless times on et, never heard it explained so simply, good post no heat, and he's right , all the pissin contests are eroding the quality of this site

#24     Apr 13, 2010
  5. Well, since these were not the point, now you are adding an inability to follow basic story logic to your inability to grasp statistical vailidty...

and before you continue your unbroken string of educational inept follies, that is the sound of the *Ignore* button... I suspect you will drone on, as you have a strong desire to demonstrate your imbecility

#25     Apr 13, 2010