Entry level trading jobs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jgills, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Jgills

Jgills

I'd rather not get into the specifics, but yes of course I will be trying that option to get on the trading team there when I have the opportunity to do so.

#11     Sep 28, 2011
  2. Jgills

Jgills

I won't ask family for money, I don't want to be doing that.

As for outside capital, I would do it, but I can't do that and be working at the same time. I wouldn't have the time to put into analysis/research to feel comfortable with the work I'm doing for someone else.

I've also thought long and hard about a prop shop and it may be the option I choose. My issue regarding it is that I'm not accustomed to trading at an intraday level and I don't want to just go in and lose my contribution, but of course no risk no reward.

I'm trying to look at some of the top ones around here, I've applied to them, but we'll see if they give me the time of day.

#12     Sep 28, 2011
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Why not. There are thousands on analysts on the street. Are you in front office? Are you in research? Are you in middle office? What asset class? No information will single out who you are, but if you are asking this question it matters because it will affect your opportunity set. At the bank I used to be at we took analysts from middle office all the time. But they had to fit a certain criteria. We also took analysts from research and the on divisions but they fit a different criteria.

The responses you will get here are "trade for yourself" and "join a prop firm" when you should be asking how will my bank hire me to trade. The third question is worth potentially millions of more dollars than te first two. PM me if you want.

#13     Sep 28, 2011
  4. Started with 25k in account, had 100k saved up to cover 2 years of living expenses. The 2 reputable firms are Bright and Echo.

Prop can get expensive if you are carrying positions long term leveraged. Commisions as well with less volume. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. At the end of the day, you got to have (or have access) to money to make money.

I know what you are saying on asking family members for money. Just a suggestion.

#14     Sep 28, 2011