Entry into Student Organization

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Christheendlesslearner, Aug 27, 2021.

1. I am a freshmen in college and there is a student run investment fund that I am looking to join. Does anyone have any advice that I should know regarding interviewing, resume, or cover letter? I am very familiar with trading but I think my interviewing skills are lacking. Any suggestions on how someone can improve?
    Thanks

2. Those clubs are laughable and useless, just designed to make its members look more impressive and hireable after they graduate and leave college and enter the workforce.

All colleges have trading/investment clubs. I tried to start one in the mid-2000's, but couldn't manage to get enough people interested in joining.

3. The club I am looking to join is the largest in the U.S. I can see where you are coming from but I am attempting to join so I can learn different strategies. This club is very serious and is extremely hard to get into.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You tried to start a "laughable and useless" club in college and most people recognized that but you?

5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

which university?

6. University of Dayton

7. Davis Center

8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

looks pretty competitive. you have to apply and you have to figure out how to interview for the seat. its not easy to get seats like this. And as an intern and then as a PM, you will get pretty good experience that you can talk about later in your career.

9. Do you have any tips for interviewing? I will probably start researching interview skills more but am just trying to pickup any tips.

10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

show genuine eagerness and intelligence.

#10     Aug 27, 2021