Entrance exam discriminates against black and latino students

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I agree with PSPR 'just dumb' - this comment.

#21     Sep 28, 2012
  2. Eight

Eight

look who's talking...

#22     Sep 28, 2012
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Amazing isn't it? Good post!

The city I moved from has around 225 cops. They USED to do the affirmative action crap during the slick willy administration, or they wouldn't get federal grants. One of the Captains I knew said "you won't believe this. We had to make a dumbed down test for the blacks. Even worse, we had to hire eight of them who can barely read or write. We had to send them to a local learning center just so they could fill out a police report."

Blew my mind!:eek: one of the guys they had to hire can barely speak on the radio where anyone understands him. This was around 15 years ago. That department dropped the affirmative action testing, and now has to battle those wanting to ride around in a police car all day, ignoring radio calls. Gotta love the give me something for nothing society. It's reared it's ugly head in law enforcement, and that's scary!

#23     Sep 28, 2012
  4. I was watching the tv program "Cajun Justice". The patrolman was a black guy, came down from Mississpii. In the interview he said he couldn't understand the black Cajun People and the way they speak. I thought the whole situation was funny as hell.

#24     Sep 28, 2012
  5. PT, you know my point is that the test isn't inherently discriminatory. The results are used to discriminate.

#25     Sep 28, 2012
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

I used to hear the guy get on the radio and say stuff like "I be 10-8." then the rest was so mangled English, we used to laugh, but at the same time, realized it was sad he HAD to be hired.

#26     Sep 28, 2012
  7. I wasn't attacking you .
    The problem is the word has become bastardized through usage.

#27     Sep 28, 2012