Entrance and Exits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Sep 1, 2002.

1. I still papertrade ,even while in another stock.Good way to help learn and remember a stock; but i assure you that doesnt mean you'll profit on that stock or market.

Remember the advice of a brokerage usually means; made up of the word combo ''broke + rage'':cool:

Multiple moving averages may help on exits.[Profits run] Smaller or smaller than average pullbacks help me let the profits run.[Hold off on exit ,depending on lots of other factors] I still like to read more.

P.S. We're not like your brokerage,who makes money even when you lose.

"Rare book collecting is also a passion''-Bruce Kovner-Top trader

#21     Sep 2, 2002
  2. x-or

x-or

On my experience, the main difference between paper and real trading (except slippage due to execution or hesitation) is this one :

When you paper trade you don't hesitate to let your trade go. When you're in for real you take your profit sooner because you want to be right and have some $$ in your pocket.

I don't say that paper trade is useless. I learned a lot about myself, my system and the market with it. But there is a big gap between paper and real.

#22     Sep 2, 2002
  3. vikki

vikki

absolutely right. Like everything in life, there is no substitute for experience.

try using a Technical Analysis package that includes backtesting. I've found this to be useful.

#23     Sep 3, 2002