Entire Nations Collapsing

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 23, 2008.

1. TRS

TRS

Turkey is of interest due to it's location. "Westernized bridge".

#41     Oct 24, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

Well said.

#42     Oct 24, 2008
  3. bxptone

bxptone

One thing I laugh about with commodities and gold. Is what would these be worth IF THERE WAS NO MONEY. Noone would be able to buy your product no matter what it's worth. What if there was hyper inflation, are you going to set an ounce of gold to a price of $1,000,000,000.00? 1)Again who would be able to buy it, and 2)At that stage in the game, would you want to sell your gold at all?

And 3)Would you still even be alive to hold it, as probably mobs of people running the streets would probably end up stealing it from you lol.

But I know everyone on this board is armed to the teeth and toughest guy on their block. lol

#43     Oct 24, 2008
  4. Mecro

Mecro

Considering I have family in region, especially in the political circles, I think I would know what is going on.

Georgia has been a target since early 1990s and already had US bases installed pre-2000. The other nations you mention aren't as involved, their participation in the pipeline is minor in comparison, plus, they are valued for other reasons (well not Turkey). It serves little purpose to start a full blown out war there.

Middle East is the target for more war, in case you can't tell. Their financial situation is deteriorating which is the perfect stimulant for full blown out conflicts with Israel & USA. That's how Russia will get involved as well.

War in Georgia could have been escalated within days, instead it was simmered down. Hence, that was not the purpose to start a battlefied in Georgia and Southern Russia, it was to strain relations.

#44     Oct 24, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

do you think a country with cuddled minorities conspiring with a wasteful government and super rich liberals can compete in today's world economy?

don't count your chickens..

#45     Oct 24, 2008
  6. lol, I think the point of gold is that it could be used in place of money, not to sell for money...

TNG

#46     Oct 24, 2008