Enterprise Value of various stocks?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by newestmember, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Anyone know of a reliable resource where I can find the enterprise value of companies quickly? For years I've been doing it myself, but with each quarterly report, enterprise value changes a bit, and I'm tired of entering all the data into my spreadsheet program...

Anyone?

2. If you're willing to pay $125 a month SimplyStocks.com has a standalone program called "research assistant" which can pull into Excel Enterprise Value as well as a myriad of other financial statement data. You can also create custom scans based on this info.

I have no association with the company other than I use the product....

3. I've spent the last year working on a spreadsheet that calculates the enterprise value of 2200 nasdaq stocks (the other 1800 nasdaq stocks are too illiquid to bother)...

My speadsheet has several columns:

Ticker,
    PS Ratio
    PE 2003
    PE 2004
    PE 2005
    Projected EPS Growth 2003 - 2004
    Projected EPS Growth 2004 - 2005
    Enterprise Value
    Sales (in the latest quarter)
    Earnings (in the latest quarter)
    Gross Margin
    Cash
    Debt
    AR
    AP
    Stock Price
    and, 3 sentances about what the company does...

Essentially, it's a spreadsheet that let's me shop for stocks, side by side, using Enterprise Value to see their true value and compare companies in the same area of business...

I'm hoping I can just pay someone to do the work for me, HOWEVER, not all of the work can be done by an automated system, because some companies have preferred stock, others warrants, others convert debt, lines of credit etc etc....so it takes some manual work to come up with a usable figure for debt and for cash etc...

4. Thanks!

5. How quickly after earnings release does simplistic get their data updated?

Thanks

6. Good question...I don't really know. I am completely murky on this, but didn't the SEC require a standardized reporting format which a lot of these vendors pull from?

With SS, you can also get as reported data or a standardized format.

Oh, they also have a trial -- and if you ask for them to enable "research assistant" you can use that during your trial. I don't think they require a credit card for trial. www.simplystocks.com

Good luck.

7. It's hard to believe that simplystocks is the ONLY site on the entire internet that's providing investors with somewhat up-to-date enterprise valuations on public companies....anyone else?

8. DaveN

DaveN

I'm not sure how it compares for timeliness and accuracy compared to what you are using, but check out Yahoo! under the "key statistics" page.

Here's Citicorp, for example: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=C

The enterprise value, dated today, is footnoted as follows: 3 = Data derived from multiple sources or calculated by Yahoo! Finance