Enter Detroit at Your Own Risk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Oct 7, 2012.

1. .......there are Republican mayors. :eek: :p :(

#11     Oct 8, 2012
  2. The neighborhoods in Detroit are falling apart, but the downtown has been making a come back. Lots of suburban whites are moving downtown into lofts and newly renovated apartments, especially near Comerica park and Ford Field. Right now real estate even downtown is very cheap and it is amazing how many whites have decided to take advantage of that fact.

Of course Michigan is a right to carry state, so everyone is carrying a gun, both criminals and law abiding citizens...humh...I wonder if that is part of the reason that more and more whites feel secure moving downtown?

#12     Oct 8, 2012
  3. TGregg

TGregg

#13     Oct 8, 2012
  4. Shrek...:D This one is my favorite. Yo, we need an adult.

I can tell you how this will play out. The young grade school AA girl who calls out the adult woman is absolutely correct but will end up one angry girl if she keeps running into adult black women who act like that...and many do.

#14     Oct 8, 2012
  5. TGregg

TGregg

6. For someone who has a masters in urban planning.... yikes.

Anyone interested read jane Jacobs. Read one book on urban planning and you could be an expert like me.

Listen up. When you see people walking then you take a look and see if these people might be interested in a bus or train. If no one is walking no one is going to ride. They ain't there.

Secondly, no one is interested in riding public transportation with thugs. Suits and thugs, women who smell pretty and fashionable do not want to ride public transportation with hood rats.

Bui,ld your train michigan , sleeping is very comfortable on a train if you got no home.

#16     Oct 8, 2012
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Isn't it interesting how this isn't even controversial here on ET (all know it is a bad idea - even ricter) yet they still push ahead.

#17     Oct 8, 2012
  8. I did a bit of research on Zillow and it looks like that Palmer Woods area was a prime spot back in the day. Some beautiful historic homes in that area and I see there are some specs in there trying to flip them (presumably some money was put in to restore the properties).

Regardless, it seems like a high risk proposition.

#18     Oct 9, 2012
  9. Detroit needs a superhero to clean up the filth. Maybe something like a half robot, half cop?

#19     Oct 9, 2012