Ensign why do some pro's like it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Samson77, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Their discussion forum is to report problems and ask questions. What would you expect?

The open architecture of Investor R/T means that the user can just about use ANY combination of tools, custom indicators and visual aids.

The learning curve is steep and 99.999999999% of the problems come from this learning curve, not Investor R/T.

If you like to tinker, this is the program for you.

Also Mac users appreciate it greatly...

By the way it is the program of choice among fund managers as far as I can tell, but I can't prove it...so don't ask.

The almost cult-like following of these sort of programs like Ensign and investor R/T bring out strong opinions. I use neither anymore as I do not need those tools...but I miss tinkering with Investor R/T and Ensign...and participating in their discussion group...but you can check the archives of both groups for Electricsavnt several years ago if you wish....

Michael B.

#31     Feb 9, 2005
  2. Hey I bet you are the same Mike that hangs out on the Investor RT discussion, I also would bet you are the same Mike that was on the TALKSTOXX forum always promoting Investor RT.

#32     Feb 9, 2005
  3. No but, I remember Mike...and I know who you are too...your still bashing Investor R/T....Weston

Yes I am observant and I have a Savants memory....

by the way...how could you forget my handle? and I do NOT NEED TO HIDE or spam boards!!!

#33     Feb 9, 2005

4. Not bashing just warning anyone who dare waste their money on pure junk. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I will always be one step ahead of you pal.

#34     Feb 9, 2005
  5. Good, I am glad you feel that way....keep thinking that....

#35     Feb 9, 2005
  6. Intraday, about 4.5 months on a 60 min. not sure if this is max. Its all I get now though. more than enough for me.

#36     Feb 9, 2005
  7. I think it depends on the data feed you use. Ensign is just the TA software.

I use it with IQFeed.

lots of intraday data, and all 24 hr markets are shown either 24 hr, or day only. User defined.

#37     Feb 9, 2005
  8. My 5 min bars went back to Jan 5(max), and 60 min bars(max) to Oct 13. 30 min also went back to Oct 13, and 3 min went back to Jan 20.

So, I guess it has something to do with the actual number of bars drawn, or a maximum number of days. (whichever comes first)

#38     Feb 9, 2005
  9. Still finding my way around the sortware but I do like the circles tool.

#39     Feb 9, 2005
  10. If you want someone to write a trading system for you ask Howard to put you in touch with Paul Levin. He wrote a simple MACD crossover for me with back testing.

#40     Feb 9, 2005