Ensign why do some pro's like it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Samson77, Feb 5, 2005.

1. I saw that chart. I am still trying to recreate it 'cause it is so cool... :D

#21     Feb 9, 2005
  2. K.C.

K.C.

Maybe because there isn't anything better out there.

#22     Feb 9, 2005

3. Hey! We might as well add me to the list too...

No, we can't. I don't have Ensign. But if I had $39.99 we could :)

#23     Feb 9, 2005
  4. Dang. You got me with that one... IF Ensign had floating
    windows I would probably be using it too. I don't understand why
    they don't... :(

#24     Feb 9, 2005
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

How many days back does the historical intraday data go?

#25     Feb 9, 2005
  6. Nice graffitti. I guess that explains why fund managers like it so much...:D :D

#26     Feb 9, 2005
  7. Probably only 30 and I guess only the daily sesssion data and, correct me if I am wrong, cut off at 4 PM for YM, that is if they use the free Quote.com data feed.

#27     Feb 9, 2005
  8. Question for those who used both Nextrend and Ensign. Which one do you prefer? I believe Nextrend basic is a little cheaper, $33.

#28     Feb 9, 2005
  9. You get the last 30 days for intra-day,(no tick data tho, it has to be minute bars) and 10 years for daily bars.

But, I don't know how accurate the data is. If you're serious about your backtesting, you'd probably want to get your historical data from an independent source.

It accepts the typical ASCII format.

#29     Feb 9, 2005
  10. Investor RT has to be to worst software I have ever used, and to tell you the truth I think I have tried them all. I spent more time managing the database than I ever did viewing charts. I would discourage anyone from using it. I recommend you at least spend some time at their discussion forum its a real eye opener.

#30     Feb 9, 2005