Ensign vs. Amibroker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TheOne, Jan 24, 2003.

1. I would not like to comment on the two softwares mentioned but more on the data issue. My personal feeling about the real time data vendors is, that the business of providing the data will get more competitive. Many brokers provide RT data with there execution platform. Any good software is now able to pull the data from that feed. I have recently posted a link to an add on tool that pulls the IB real time data and stores it in one minute bars on your peronal harddisk. Problem at the moment is that you have to have the computer running for collecting the data. Soon there will be a feature that provides users with the possiblility to receive the "missed" data and fill the gaps ( which is technically easy to do). At the moment this tool only works with WLD2. You can find information and a demo here: http://www.finantic.de/en/ibdata/. I have used the tool and it is really fun.

#31     Jan 26, 2003
  2. Volker,

Thank you for your off-topic message.

IB is currently very limited when it comes to RealTime data feed.
    First of all it does not deliver Open price at all.
    Second it does not deliver backfills.

These are MAJOR drawbacks and therefore IB can not be even compared to true RT feeds like eSignal, myTrack, Quote.com, DTN.IQ etc. , etc.

What's more the program that you advertise costs EUR108 + VAT
    which is way too much for such a simple program.

Much better more flexible and cheaper option is using QUOTE TRACKER which is FREE
    (if you accept ads) or costs much less ($60) (if you don't want to watch the ads) and accepts extermely long list of various data sources
    including (but not limited to) IB.

And QuoteTracker does not wire you up to any particular software like the one you advertised in your post.

(Because you are strictly involved in WLD you should now that WLD has also an 'adapter' to QuoteTracker for quite a bit of time, so in fact there is no point in paying money for additional program when you can have the same for free using QuoteTracker)

#32     Jan 26, 2003