Ensign Software - Gone to the DOGS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Joab, Feb 6, 2008.

1. I do need to make myself clearer sometimes. I'm the only one that seems to understand me occasionally! :D

#31     Feb 7, 2008
  2. Your "watchlists" will be added before Summer. I find them to be critical as well. I monitor over 900 symbols, not counting separate chart increments, a week and it's a real chore without a QuotePage, RadarScreen or Watchlist.

#32     Feb 7, 2008
  3. :eek:

#33     Feb 7, 2008
  4. Been there and done that with Howard and Ensign. I do like his drawing tools but not much else.

I have tried most of the charting platforms, esignal, ensign, qcharts and neoticker. Decided on neoticker years ago and have no regrets. I actually used qcharts and neoticker together for a couple of years due to missing drawing tool functionality in neoticker. Over time the folks at Tickquest added all of my enhancement requests so I dropped qcharts.

Tickquest maintains a stable version, that works with all the main data feeds and the new build (beta) for the latest and greatest. So you can stay on the stable version without being forced to upgrade due to data vendor upgrades.

Serious bugs are fixed immediately and they listen to their users.
    Active user forum on the Tickquest site and some very knowledgeable users interact on the forum daily.

Highly recommended.

#34     Feb 7, 2008
  5. Not daily Tdog, I'd go nuts. Daily I monitor about 8 but only one at a time.
    Weekly I review the other 892 for swing opportunities.

#35     Feb 7, 2008
  6. Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. For a moment there, I thought you were the messiah. :D

#36     Feb 7, 2008
  7. Does Ensign offer screening based on a technical indicator?

For example:

Find stocks with

slow stochastic below 20
    MACD turning up
    Price greater than 10
    Volume greater than 1,000,000

#37     Feb 7, 2008
  8. opm8

opm8

Jeez guys, I've been using Ensign for about 4 yrs and I'm not seeing these issues. I upgrade it every few days and it's always been pretty solid. I only run into problems when I open too many charts, which tends to eat up the 500MB of RAM I have on my trading computer. But that's understandable as I have no legitimate reason to upgrade now.

Also, I get realtime data from TransAct and historical from DTN, which is included free with Ensign. I canceled my Esignal feed and couldn't be happier.

opm8

#38     Feb 7, 2008
  9. Shel M.

Shel M.

I've used Ensign for several years now and agree with OPM8, no problems. Trading the emini indexes and upgrade every few days. Seems quite stable to me. $39.95/month, great drawing and charting, free IB feed and DTN historical data. Volume charts that work accurately. I'm happy, hope you are too.

Shel

#39     Feb 7, 2008
  10. That's amazing since 512 MB ram is the minimum recommended for running XP effectively. Good luck to you.

#40     Feb 7, 2008