Ensign Software - Gone to the DOGS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Joab, Feb 6, 2008.

1. TGM

TGM

Yeah, imagine if we could use the Ensign indicators and alerts to screen in a quote grid.......for stocks futures or forex on different timerames. That would be the shite---------

in fact i may make that a recomendation===just to see how much Howie laughs at me

#101     Mar 11, 2008
  2. 1) the multi monitor thing already discussed.

2) sometimes the daily charts get bad data that a refresh won't clean up, so I have to delete ALL the bars, and then reload it. I do this on one chart or another at least once per day.

3) sometimes there are gaps that refresh refuses to fill in on given time frames. For example, there may be a 2 hour overnight gap on a 15 minute chart, but not on the 5 minute chart. They are both configured exactly the same, but the gap just won't fill. doesn't matter if I change data provider either. Luckily, this is rare enough that I just don't use that time frame for awhile. I use multiple time frames for everything, so I can ignore one of them from time to time.

#102     Mar 11, 2008
  3. Thanks Jayford:D

#103     Mar 12, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

FYI the Ensign 3-18-08 version so far has the best refresh performance I've seen in a while.

#104     Mar 21, 2008
  5. good to know.

Thanks.

#105     Mar 21, 2008
  6. I've been checking out Amibroker - $259 for real-time version, and I have to say I'm impressed with it. I have used just about everything, and it seems to me like the best for the price. I had been using QT, Esignal and Tradestation. Just a suggestion - might be worth checking it out.

Amibroker can definitely do the scanning you're highlighting above.

#106     Mar 21, 2008