Ensign Software and PC Crashes/BSOD

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ES335, Nov 22, 2005.

1. It will stretch across as many screens as you have on one computer. Dont know about the demo. Dont think you can open more than one playback chart at a time.

#21     Jan 4, 2006
  2. ES335

ES335

Thanks Easy,

Maybe I should ask this as well: let's say you are on the full product, not the demo or playback. If you stretch the window across say 4 monitors, does that mean you can view 4 full screen size independent charts? for ex, a 1min in one, 3min in other, 15min in 3rd, 60min in 4th screen?

Can anyone please maybe post screenshots of their setup for me to see that? I like Ensign a lot but this feature is worrying me a lot, because I need full screen size clarity to avoid tunnel vision in my trading.

:confused:

#22     Jan 4, 2006
  3. You should not have any problem doing that. I am not using Ensign now but I have done that in the past. The clarity will depend on your computers. The software is fine. By the way you can get Quotetracker free and it will do all of the above. Also you can download and use Ensign free for a week as a trial.

#23     Jan 4, 2006
  4. amg

amg Guest

I have used Ensign quite some time and now use it exclusively with the IB feed.

re: BSOD
    I have never experienced a BSOD with Ensign and suspect that your problem with that is, as others mentioned, driver related.

HyperThreading at one point did present a problem with the IB feed, but that was during Beta testing and is COMPLETELY resolved in the latest production release (I am on the one dated 12/21/2005, but there is a 3 Jan 06 version, as I just discovered).

re: multiple monitors
    Ensign can be used across any number of monitors, so just be sure you understand how to configure the monitors correctly. You won't have to do anything to Ensign, just "drag and stretch" it across the real estate.

And YES, you can put only one chart on each screen is that is what you want.

You can actually do this even with one monitor, by moving charts so they are "under" or "above" the current montior boundaries and thus you have several "virtual" monitors by scrolling up/down or sideways. This is one of Buffy's (Bline room) tricks that she's shared with people only on one monitor.

re: DEMO
    You can open as many DEMO charts as you want. The "trick" is to set up a DEMO workspace with your charts pretty much as you use them. Then, once you open the "one" DEMO chart off the DEMO start-up screen, switch into the pre-saved workspace where all your other DEMO charts, with your set-ups/indicators, are all ready to go.

Good luck.

amg

#24     Jan 4, 2006