Ensign Question?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EqtTrdr, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Software support is currently closed right now. I will call in the morning if nobody can help me.....

I am looking to transfer my Ensign software from my desktop to my laptop. I was unable to find anything regarding this searching the ensign website.

I tried saving the whole folder to a disk and installing it on the laptop. That didn't work as the laptop was assigned a seperate ID number that does not match with the one I am currently running/subscribed to....

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. I transfered Ensign to a new computer recently by downloading the software from Ensign and emailing Ensign with the new ID number. They then updated their records as to the legitimate copy.

The download works on trial status for a while anyway, so you can do that and inform Ensign later.

I think.

3. thx

4. TGM

TGM

I am going to be doing the same with Ensign in the near future. Did you transfer any Ensign folders? Or did you just redo all your Ensign Workspaces and symbols?

5. I started over and recreated the whole thing. I only trade one futures contract, so it was relatively easy for me. I think the old files can be transferred easily, but I've never done it.

6. ozzy

ozzy

If you re-install ensign all you have to do is transfer the old folders to the new location and voila your golden.

7. TGM

TGM

can you transfer the stored data as well? All the pages?

This is what I thought. Howard, had said to call when transfering computers and they would move a few files around and be up and running as good as before.

good to know.

I hate setting up to much stuff and redoing shit!