Ensign Question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by easyrider, Feb 22, 2004.

1. mrpace

mrpace

That's the one thing that bugs me about Ensign. I have IB and IQfeed, but I can't have one of these as a backup UNLESS I want to fork out another full monthly subscription fee to Ensign.

In other words, Ensign forces you to download and run an entirely separate program in order to use another data feed.

I use IQFeed as my main data feed with Ensign. I would LIKE to be able to run IB as well (as a backup), but I can't unless I want to pay double to Ensign. This I find absurd.

Unless I'm missing something?

#11     Feb 22, 2004
  2. thx qwik. I wonder why this is not posted someplace obvious on their site. I could not find it anywhere.

edit: Those symbols arent working for me either. I can get everything else but the DTB's although they show on my tws ok.

#12     Feb 23, 2004
  3. I agree. They would pick up a lot more customers if you could use the same program with multiple feeds.

Runningbear

#13     Feb 23, 2004
  4. dude, im using esignal for quotes.. if you are using ib then you need to use the ib symbols.. make sure your market times are set properly.. i nearly pulled my hair out over this when i first tried to load the euro symbols..

-qwik

#14     Feb 23, 2004
  5. Im not having very good luck with my trial. Whenever I try to setup ZN charts and make changes to them the whole thing freezes up on me and the only way I can shut it down is pulling up the task manager. ES, EUR and others seem to be ok. Pretty strange. Tried their chat site. Never anybody there. I guess Ill stick with Sierra for now.

#15     Feb 25, 2004
  6. arzoo

arzoo

i tried downloading the demo but it doesnt run and tells me the subscription is expired. i'm a bit confused since i thought version downloaded is a demo?

how'd you guys get the demo to work?

thanks.

#16     Feb 27, 2004
  7. saico

saico

I agree with you, but it seem they forgot the T&S, which is just poor, simple and unusable!

#17     Feb 27, 2004
  8. shyhh

shyhh

Beta - Not yet released. Anticipate release in March. This is a list of what is coming.
    One version that supports all data feeds. Feed selected on the SetUp | Connection form.

think they are going to solve the problem soon.

#18     Feb 27, 2004
  9. traderob

traderob

My hair is thinner after 6 weeks of trying to get all IB symbols to work with ensign.
    I gave up and use Medvedqt with wealthlab , and sierra charts now.

#19     Feb 27, 2004
  10. I finally got all the symbols working but there have been other problems. Yesterday my ES charts got stuck at one spot and stayed there for the next several minutes.The prices were moving up and down but it stayed on the same bar until I shut it off. Have had numerous freezeups. The problems are probably due to my lack of knowledge but the trial is running out and Im tired of messing with it.

#20     Feb 27, 2004