Ensign / IQfeed serious lag. WTF!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CoralReef, Mar 18, 2009.

1. moarla

moarla

how do you know that there was a lagging? Have you running another feed side by side?

#11     Mar 19, 2009
  2. goodie

goodie

I suspect it is EW. At the moment, I am doing DAX. It is 05:14EST and I have a lag of about 20sec between what is in EW Quote page and the value on the chart. IB TWS (IB feed) value, Ninja Trader, EW Quote page are all in sync, except for EW charts. Frustrating!

#12     Mar 19, 2009
  3. moarla

moarla

i use IB with EW and have no problem...

#13     Mar 19, 2009
  4. Thanks for the posts guys.

To CoralReef:

You have to contact DTN/IQ Feed and EW to make sure there are no incompatability issues between the data feed and the charting program.

They recently helped with some problems I was having with the QuoteTracker charting system, and it is possible that there is a problem somewhere.

If not, then it goes back to being a data feed issue, and you will have to try to work around it, or try to get another data feed provider who doesn't have those problems with their charts.

IB is one (although they do require high intra-day margins) and Mirus Futures with the Zenfire Data feed is another.

#14     Mar 19, 2009
  5. moarla

moarla

DTN had a change on there feed last weekend. update Ensing to the latest version, maby there is some change....(true tick on DTN)

#15     Mar 19, 2009
  6. TradeStation had data lags. The only data feed that I know of that won't lag is CQG.

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Same, and I was scalping right after the announcement. It was scary, but I did not notice any lag :D

#17     Mar 19, 2009
  8. moarla

moarla

also IB has no lag :D

#18     Mar 19, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

FWIW I'm using Ensign with IB feed and have not noticed any delays.

#19     Mar 19, 2009
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

no problem with openecry.

#20     Mar 19, 2009