Ensign for IB-datafeed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Ditch, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Anyone using Ensign for IB? Any feedback?

#11     Nov 5, 2003
  2. It's been working fine for me. I have had a couple of glitches, see the attached chart. Either the prices are trying to draw circles or I suspect the backfill and actual data are 1 hour out of synch.

#12     Nov 5, 2003
  3. Merc

Merc

Is that what you calling 'working fine'?

:D :D :D

#13     Nov 5, 2003
  4. Right now its the only charting program that has made any attempt for backfilling IB data. I'm sure the glitch could easily be solved.

But then do I want to solve it? If I could just buy at the bottom of the circle and sell at the top??:D

#14     Nov 5, 2003
  5. Sam, can u also get quotes/charts for main Index's and breadth off IB feed? (i.e. INDU, SPX, NDX, TICK,TRIN,ADV, DECL, UPVOL, DNVOL, etc)

thnx for the info.

#15     Nov 5, 2003

6. I've been using it for the last couple of days, now. I only trade the ES, so this is great. Saves me $75 a month in data fees from eSignal (if you pay by the month for their basic package).

Here's todays ES chart if you want to compare. You're right, you don't get as many ticks as you do with eSignal, but the basic patterns are still there, and of course the same support/resistance levels.

#16     Nov 5, 2003
  7. You can get charts for all the main indexes. They don't have TICK or TRIN and I'm not sure about the rest.

#17     Nov 5, 2003
  8. What is the hype about that? WL has IB as data feed for over year. Should that be posted? Now WLD3 has build in automated trading execution with IB. Wow, thats good news. :)

#18     Nov 6, 2003
  9. Hey Breakout, you posted a 133 tick chart. Do the new bars open exactly after 133 ticks? The reason why I'm asking is because with Sierra chart's tick charts through IB datafeed, some bars will have a lot more than 133 ticks before a new bar opens. The reason for this is because Sierra stores its ticks in minute bars. So if 133 ticks have been recorded within a minute, a new bar will not open until that minute has passed. Is that the case with Ensign using IB data feed?

#19     Nov 6, 2003
  10. Yeah, after 133 ticks a new bar begins. In a fast market, I might get 3 or 4 bars in one minute. In a slow market, I might only get 1 bar in 2 or 3 minutes.

#20     Nov 6, 2003