Ensign coding?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by EqtTrdr, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Here is an indicator in Tradestation I use.....

I am looking to switch over to Ensign, but I can't seem to figure out how to code this in ESPL..

any help is appreciated :)

======================

input: tickSize(0.25), Pds(20), Slw(10);
    Vars: LWST(Close), HGST(Close), HGST_Fast(50), LWST_Fast(50);
    Vars: Fast(50), Slow(50);

HGST = Highest(High,Pds);
    LWST = Lowest(Low,Pds);
    Fast = XAverage((Close-LWST)/maxlist((HGST-LWST), tickSize),Slw) * 100;

HGST_Fast = Highest(Fast,Pds);
    LWST_Fast = Lowest(Fast,Pds);
    Slow = XAverage((Fast-LWST_Fast)/(maxlist(HGST_Fast-LWST_Fast, tickSize)),Slw)*100;

Plot1(Slow);

Thanks!

2. Arnie

Arnie

3. Thanks.... I got this indicator a long time ago from a friend who used it, however I never really followed what it was trying to accomplish. Seems like a double smoothed stoch ala Walter bressert

I only use it on occasion, but wanted to transfer it over to Ensign.

here is the same code in Metastock...

Slw:=Input("Slowing double stoch",1,5,3);
    Pds:=Input("Periods double stoch",3,21,10);
    A:=Mov((CLOSE-LLV(LOW,Pds))/(HHV(H,pds)-LLV(L,Pds)),Slw,E)*100;
    Mov((A-LLV(A,pds))/(HHV(A,Pds)-LLV(A,Pds)),Slw,E)*100

thanks for the link.. will check out the ESPL code,, I am sure given enough time I can figure it out :)

:)

4. Be careful using Ensign especially if you want more that a few Markets and leave your computer running all night. Ensign has a memory leak that is aggrevating.

5. TGM

TGM

I have not noticed anything. I have had Ensign and IB running on a machine for a year now. However, I log out and in every day.

I have not noticed any memory usage out of ordinary as compared to other trading programs. In fact, Ensign uses less memory.

With that said, I think the owner should give the Enisgn platform an upgrade to something more up to date.

6. I requested a fix from Howard for a year and it kept falling on deaf ears so I switched programs. The problem only occurs when you leave the program run overnight with multiple screens open.

7. TGM

TGM

I'll have to experiment and see if it is still there. If so --I will get on Howards tail.