Ensign and IQFeed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by corvus, Feb 24, 2003.

1. corvus

corvus

I am demoing this combination for 7 days to see how IQFeed compares to Esignal w/ Ensign. So far, pretty good. :)

Using Ensign with IQFeed runs me about $120/month for NYSE/AMEX/Nasdaq, OPRA, and CME/CBOT eminis. I can also use IQFeed with Quotetracker, which work great together so far too.

I'd love to hear from anyone else using this combo or the IQFeed with Quotetracker.

2. Hi Corvus,

I signed up for the the Ensign free trail with the IQFeed. I lost the connection a couple of times around 2:45 central. When it was running it was very fast. Do you know a lot about the Ensign program? It very different from what I'm using now (Nextrend).

3. corvus

corvus

Yeah, we spoke in chat briefly...I've been using Ensign for about a month and a half now, don't know tons about it, but it has been pretty good in that time. I didn't lose my connection at that time...but good to know. Where are you geographically out of curiousity? East coast, west coast, etc...

4. Chicago

5. opm8

opm8

Are any of you guys running the IQFeed through a proxy? I'm trying to get it to work through SocksCap and LoopholeServer but no luck...

--opm8

6. Whamo

Whamo

I'm interested to know how everyone does with Ensign using the IQ Feed since I currently use eSignal and think it's overpriced for what I use it for. I don't even have the ability to look at equities and I'm paying ~$266 a month. Hopefully IQ Feed will put competitive pressure on eSignal to lower their prices.

7. Ditch

Ditch

At last:D :D :D

8. corvus

corvus

Today was good too. So far, 3 days, I'm happy with the Ensign & IQFeed combination. Only problem so far is that if I start it up at 9am and the market has been going for a half hour, I don't have any volume data for the first half hour. Not quite sure if it's something I'm doing or what, so I will have to track down someone to help me. Refreshing the chart doesn't seem to help recover the volume until after market close...

Otherwise, the ticks are timelier than esignal and I have not seen any other problems or outages. For ~$120/month total, this combo is great...so far. :)

9. I've been looking at Ensign/IQfeed, good to hear the feedback. Anyone have experience using their programming language for creating studies, backtesting, etc?