Enron Traders Schemed About California on Tapes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by omcate, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Cheese

Cheese

Nobody can drive anything anywhere in markets.
    Bunker Hunt proved that if anyone wants a colorful example on a grand scale.

Know your market.
    Forget conspiracy theories and other fantasies .. except of course to amuse and befuddle the myriad many stuck with wandering minds.

#51     Jun 11, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

So true.

#52     Jun 11, 2004
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Waggie, the comment was not directed at you or any one person, but if you feel it applies to you, well ........ And who needs credibiltiy? we're talking about California.:D :D

#53     Jun 11, 2004
  4. #54     Jun 11, 2004
  5. I am well aware of Enron's organizational structure and having hundreds and hundreds of traders, some of whom were "talented" but if you were to take a look at the financial letters of credit and the incredible amount of capital that is required to trade ELECTRICITY ( partly due to the contract size ), let alone DELIVER it, I would hardly compare Enron and it's traders to the specs that populate the trading floors of the NYMEX, as some have done on this thread.

Comparing the specs and locals on the NYMEX to that of Enron is like comparing Apples and Oranges . . . Not even close.

#55     Jun 11, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie, you are being unusually dense today. The comparison was not between the actual traders themselves, but rather the act of profiting from others doom. What I am saying, and I guess my point went way over your head, is that traders in general, profit from the misfortunes of others. Enron is no different. And don't tell me you are well aware of their organizational structure, it's my opinion you know nothing about Enron. I had friends there, both in trading and in sales and marketing, I have been to Houston, I have been on their trading floors. You read the newspaper. Big, big difference. Good day.

#56     Jun 11, 2004
  7. OK Mav.
    Since you know so much about Enron because you are such a BSD, perhaps you can fill me in on Portland General Electric and the power trader there that managed the trading desk and used to work at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and bicycled to work at Portland General Electric.

Please feel free to tell me his name.
    He was all over the WSJ a couple of years ago and was a big part in the "Death Star" trades.

#57     Jun 11, 2004
  8. That's what I thought.

Yeah, just keep on comparing locals and specs on the NYMEX to Enron. Makes a lot of sense.

#58     Jun 11, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you talking about John Forney? Waggie, apparently you and I are communicating on a different plane here. I am talking about the traders at Enron and you are talking about Enron management and higher level executives. Big difference my friend. I have no sympathy for the Skillings, the Lays, the Fastows or any of the higher ups there, I am talking about the traders.

Your boy John Forney was not on a trading desk. He was an officer that managed a desk. Why can't you separate the two? Why is it you have such a hard time separating Enron traders from Enron executives? It's not that hard. I keep writing all these posts about traders and you continue to miss the point. I don't know if it's intentional or just out of ignorance or both.

But yes, Waggie, I do know who John Forney is. Thanks for the pop quiz buddy.

#59     Jun 11, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Once again Waggie, you make an ass out of yourself. Hey, I know a great comeback for you. Post another view of the Berkeley hills. LOL.

#60     Jun 11, 2004