Enron Traders Schemed About California on Tapes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by omcate, Jun 2, 2004.

1. The fact of the matter is that California has some infra-structure issues that none of the States of the Union can even imagine because California is one of the largest countries in the world.

That being said, people here seem to forget that Gov. Davis and other California senators contacted the good old Bush Boys at FERC and they saw nothing unusual going on that would make them intervene.

For Asscroft to get up at a press conference 2 months ago and tout how they brought some of these energy companies to justice, ( several years after the fact ) and well after the cows had left the barn, let alone the ranch, was total BS.

Bush and his Administration, along with his buddies at FERC allowed California to simply "twist" in the wind during a monster recession, all for POLITICAL REASONS.

Get real, morons!

#11     Jun 2, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie can I ask you a question? Is there anything about Bush you like? I mean can you name me one thing about the Bush administration that you like? I mean you are a hard nosed conservative republican right? I mean your aunt worked under the Reagan administration right? Just tell me one thing about Bush you like, just one. This will be very interesting.

#12     Jun 2, 2004
  3. Gee Mav, it took you a whole 23 minutes before "stalking" me this time??? Looks like you are starting to lose your touch. Something must really be wrong with your internet connection. Have you tried getting off of "dial-up" yet?

As for California, why would you even give a flying phuck about the State? You've never spent any significant time here, so why bother getting involved in a discussion that has nothing to do with you? I'm talking about the lack of a response that FERC had while the State was going through one of the worst recessions in quite some time. Are you saying that FERC and it's department head ( who I believe Bush put into office ) responded appropriately to the crisis in California?

I have never, ever seen someone defend a President like you have. You seriously need a reality check my friend. You really do. Because the fact of the matter is that defending your wonderful President on a message-board out in Cyberspace really isn't going to matter. For some bizarre reason, you actually think otherwise.

For some reason, you take anything against Bush as personal and most of us on ET can see that, time and time again. One has to wonder your emotional state for coming to this guy's rescue "time and time" again, and actually thinking that you can make a "difference" in people's opinions.

And as for most Republicans . . . I believe that they voted for Bush, and not Cheney or Karl Rove.

Face it, this President is a figure-head, and not much of a leader. Period. If he was a real leader, the buck would actually stop with the President. But I cannot find any single issue where the President, Cheney, Rice, or Wolfowitz or Rumsfeld have admitted that they made a mistake.

Go figure.

#13     Jun 2, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie, you are so freaking egotistical it's sick. Do you really think you are the center of the universe. I was posting on ET and I saw your stupid post on this thread. You can call it stalking or whatever the hell you want but you never answer my questions. See, unlike you Waggie, I actually have criticized Bush a lot, and I mean a lot, don't believe me, ask Pabst next time you call him.

But I have never seen one post on ET by you that actually praises this President for anything, not one thing. All you do is find really creative ways to blame Bush for everything under the sun. It's amazing man, you are really becoming a joke. Even the liberals on ET are laughing at you. LOL.

Just tell me one thing you like about Bush, just one. As for the reason I was reading this thread, gee, I don't know waggles, maybe because it's about trading, and gee I don't know waggles, maybe I trade for a living and find it interesting the events that went down at Enron. I actually had friends that worked there.

So when you have some time, just tell me one thing you actually like about Bush. I don't care what it is, I just want to hear you say it. You hate for this man is so unreal it amazes. Where I can find a thousand thing about Bush I hate, you can't find one thing about him you like. So who's onesided now? I think it's you waggles.

#14     Jun 2, 2004
  5. The only thing that you need to know about Bush is that ENRON was the single biggest contributor to his career, and that the Justice Department sought to BLOCK the release of these tapes that show the President in a pretty poor light.

Sorry Mav, but I am not going to defend a President that "looks the other way" and allows his Federal Energy Regulatory Agency to let the 5th largest Economy in the World "twist" in the wind during one of the bigger recessions of our time.

When Enron hit the wall, the Bush Administration remained mute, even knowing Enron was disintegrating. Certainly the former governor of Texas had some idea of what this would mean to his beloved state. For one thing, twenty thousand employees of Enron would be out of work, with their 401(k) plan worthless. Surely a man with a Harvard MBA could envision the devastation this business failure (of a company he had once promoted) would have on countless thousands of Enron stock and bond holders, not to mention major lending institutions who had provided Enron working capital.

In all these ways - through favorable regulatory changes, lack of government oversight, and administration silence until the very end - Enron's investment in Washington paid handsome returns for a few insiders, who personally made millions (but obviously wanted billions) from Enron.

Didn't Enron officials meet with VP Cheney not less than six times as he was developing the Administration's energy policy, and atleast 17 provisions of that stated policy benefited Enron? Come on Mav, you've got to be smarter than this, right?

Sometimes buying influence can simply mean buying silence - not buying specific actions or intervention.

I'm not going to defend the man, but you can.

He has no integrity. Just look at his use of the so-called uranium reports from Niger that were based on forged documents that were used in his State of the Union speech in early 2003. I could go on and on, but I really do have better things to do with my time, and I'm sure that it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to see that I have cut back on my postings to this website, Big Time.

This man has no shame, and he gets away with it because our society is filled with people that have the attention span of a flea.

:eek:

#15     Jun 2, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie, I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse except to say that Enron was a huge contributor to Bill Clinton and did many many favors for Bill. Don't even get me started about Bill Clinton and Enron.

Anyway, I just find it odd that you, supposedly a conservative can't find one thing you like about Bush. I mean Christ Waggie, I can tell you 10 things I like about Hillary Clinton, hell, even Ted Kennedy, and I can't stand those people. What you are showing to me is that you are incapable of separating emotion from fact. You are an emotional person and because of this you can't see the forest through the trees.

You are letting your emotion get the best of you. Not good when you are trying to debate somebody. Anyway, enough of this, you say you can't find one thing you like about Bush, I could probably tell you several things I liked about Hitler. Again, doesn't mean I like the man, it just means I can be objective when I have to be.

#16     Jun 2, 2004
  7. BrianLA

BrianLA

His scheming the world on oil is probably the biggest scam ever. When your relatives, buddies, and you have billions at stake in the oil industry. It only makes sense to destabilize the middle east and create policies that lead to all time highs in gasoline, crude, and billions in oil-related service contracts. Thanks mainly to the Bush-Osama tax, $3/gallon and $50/barrel are not impossible.

#17     Jun 2, 2004
  8. tradARRR

tradARRR

great signature line!!!

#18     Jun 2, 2004
  9. omcate

omcate

Wed Jun 2, 2004 02:35 PM ET
    By Joseph A. Giannone

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Thirty months and a billion dollars in fees later, Enron Corp. is nearing the end of its bankruptcy saga.

Starting Thursday, representatives of the collapsed energy trader and creditors will pack Manhattan federal bankruptcy court for about a week of hearings, asking Judge Arthur Gonzalez to sign off on Enron's plan of reorganization.

Last week Enron took a major leap forward when 104 of 111 creditor classes that voted agreed to its reorganization plan, apparently paving the way for a speedy approval.

"We anticipate the plan will be confirmed," said Jonathan Airey, a bankruptcy lawyer from Vorys, Sater, Seymour & Pease LLP representing 95 independent natural gas producers. "Our producer group has supported and voted for the plan."

Enron expects to pay about 17 to 20 cents on the dollar on about $66 billion of debts claimed by 24,000 creditors. Creditors would get cash and stock in three companies formed with Enron assets: CrossCountry Energy, Prisma Energy International Services and Portland General Electric.

Once the hearings are concluded, Gonzalez is not expected to take more than a week to render a decision. Should he approve the plan, the judge would set an effective date for the reorganization, when cash and securities would be distributed to creditors.

Enron intends to reemerge from Chapter 11 by the end of this year.

Still, Enron isn't out of the woods. Dissenting creditors could raise objections and delay Enron's reemergence.

Enron spokeswoman Karen Denne noted the company has a lot of work ahead, including several asset sales, the unwinding of contracts and pursuing litigation against its bankers.

Enron also must defend itself against myriad shareholder, regulatory and other lawsuits.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=domesticNews&storyID=5325678

#19     Jun 3, 2004
  10. California Public Utilities Commission and FERC *LET* this happen. They should be tried also. They failed California people. The watchdogs were sleeping on the job.

#20     Jun 3, 2004