Enough Already - TS Alternatives

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by vanilla2, Aug 19, 2003.

1. After this morning's expensive little 20 minute CME outage on Tradestation 7.1, I can no longer spend $200+ a month for this product in good conscience.

EL is awesome. Feeding historical data with one click is awesome, but realtime outages are expensive and cost me twice what I already spend for the platform.

Here's my question, can anyone offer suggestions on what realtime/historical feeds will work with Tradestation 2000i to give it the same functionality as 7.1 as seamlessly and cheaply as possible.

For instance, can I feed 2000i from IB realtime?

Does globalserver have the ability to cache realtime data into a historical database?

Who is the cheapest historical data provider out there that will give me what I basically have in 7.1 right now quickly and reliably?

2. You can feed 2000I with IB'S feed ,you need a product called Metaserver but you wont have any DataOndemand you will have to collect it all.I would try out Esignal with 2000i,Esignal have just released a peice of software which is free that gives you the dataondemand when you use there feed with 2000i,hope this helps.

3. Here's the companys website address that sells the Metaserver software if you want to check it out

www.traders-soft.com