Enormous charges for data coming?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Sergio77, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Joan

Joan

I don't know. I remember when I was interested in Lightspeed being asked to pay 6000$ so I turned to DTN IQFeed because they still charge the regular fees. It was a very bizarre situation, and there wasn't much information about it. I started to wonder if this bussiness was really over for good. No one knew much about it. Broker phone assistants don't know anything about this.

It would be really interesting to know why some firms where asked first. Maybe someone had to be first. Certainly, I'll stay clear of Lightspeed for the time being.

#51     Apr 20, 2017
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Besides the low latency Gateway, Lightspeed Trader API and Sterling Trader Pro API, where we have to report API use, we also offer Sterling Trader Pro with API without MD to the API (you get your own), Real Tick with API and Silexx With API where MD is not coming from us. They are not being hit with Non-display MD fees, yet.

All good solutions for automated traders.

Bob

#52     Apr 20, 2017
  3. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Please, do not drink that Kool-aid. Either a company/exchange attempts to change its business practices or not. Not to mention that exchanges are specially regulated and cannot just raise their prices for products by multiple orders of magnitude and approach clients A but not B. It directly violates the mandate they have to provide "fair and equitable markets" (obviously there is not much of that left anyway but nonetheless).

So, does DTN IQ still provide access to NYSE via their API without having to cough up non-display fees?

#53     Apr 20, 2017
  4. southall

southall

How do you know if the end user is using the data for Display or Non display.

Do NYSE force you to assume everyone who uses your data is always a Non display user now?

I use IB api+data but IB have no way of knowing if i am using a custom display GUI or if i am using non display ATS when using the API and data they provide me with.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    #54     Apr 20, 2017
    d08, ET180 and Zzzz1 like this.
  5. Joan

Joan

Yes, they still do. Just checked now the prices in my account management portal.
    DTN IQFeed Core Service $78 + Retail API $27 + NYSE $6 + NYSE MKT $6 + ...

#55     Apr 20, 2017
  6. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Thanks.

You may want to double check with your DTN sales person, I dont remember I heard they charged for the API (other than the annual developer fee) from what I heard from friends who use this service.

#56     Apr 20, 2017
  7. Joan

Joan

Yes, the API is charged annually. It's just that in the portal is displayed in a monthly rate so you can compare it with the rest of the services, I guess.

#57     Apr 20, 2017
  8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

:thumbsup:

#58     Apr 20, 2017
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If the software that we offer has an API with MD enabled to the API. They consider consuming MD outside the display, non-display. They don't care what you do with that data the streams out the API, if it real-time (Their definition of RT, not mine)

#59     Apr 20, 2017
  10. southall

southall

It seems they tried to clarify this with the SEC on March 23, 2017 by filing some documents with the SEC.

So probably they didn't have a good legal case to push those fees onto your customers before that date. But did it anyway.

I hope the SEC denies them and you can use the denial to stop paying them.

#60     Apr 20, 2017