Enormous charges for data coming?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Sergio77, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Many of our Gateway and API clients have chosen to focus on just NASDAQ which is reasonable vs the NYSE.

#11     Apr 18, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

#12     Apr 18, 2017
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

#13     Apr 18, 2017
  4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

That is for firms that directly access their market data from NYSE. This is not the pricing for a retail client that cannot connect directly to the NYSE anyways.

#14     Apr 18, 2017
  5. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

hmm, so only firms who are audited need to change? Its not an official contractual change?

#15     Apr 18, 2017
  6. sle

sle

I thought this was going to matter for the DMA players only, no? A cursory explanation was that these new charges were for raw data access.

#16     Apr 18, 2017
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Zzzz1,

You tend to make conclusions from my statements that I do not say, so I'm just going to refer you to the attached document. This is NYSE Market data policy that they are trying very hard to enforce. This was not our call and we fought them very hard for months.

Non-Display Use Definition: Non-Display Use of real-time NYSE Market Information means accessing, processing or consuming NYSE Market Information, delivered via direct and/or Redistributor (defined below) data feeds, for a purpose other than in support of data recipient’s display or further internal or external redistribution.

You might then ask, what is the definition of real-time. We and others, said that only Raw data is real-time and any normalized data is delayed. The NYSE then defined real-time as any MD delayed less than 15 min.

#17     Apr 18, 2017
    MoreLeverage, Chubbly and Pippi436 like this.
  8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

You are the only one among all other sponsors and data providers who talks about this non-display fee, and you have done so several times now. No other firm talks about it nor charges a penny for non-display fees. (Not saying it will never come but as of today you guys are an exception, for whatever reason)

#18     Apr 18, 2017
  9. FSU

FSU

Actually I have been contacted by my execution platform company and my introducing broker as well. I have a program that they thought may be impacted by this rule and I had to answer a number of questions before it was determined that I was ok.

#19     Apr 18, 2017
  10. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

what made you be ok?

#20     Apr 18, 2017