Energy trader interview - looking for tips / advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dc101, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Take some blood pressure medicine after starting. Certain PJM 5 min LMPs printed $-3600 then reversed to $1400+ yesterday . Good stuff

#11     Apr 14, 2010
  2. monty09

monty09

heading to the pool can get you twisted before you know it

#12     Apr 14, 2010
  3. dc101

dc101

Oh well, I did not get short listed. But the good news is that, based on some of the private input I've received (thank you guys), it's not really the trading career I've been looking for. Far too little speculation and far too much grind. Not dynamic enough for my personality and too similar to EE/IT. Another big one is that, by being energy trader for a while, one gains very little towards career move into trading futures, forex, stocks in some of the centers - which is what I'm really after.

So, if you guys know any opportunities with trading firms or banks in US/EU/CA, the ones looking for a rocky, let me know through private messages. Thanks in advance.

Happy trading.

#13     Apr 15, 2010
  4. If you wanna trade you cant rationalize your opinions this way based on your position.

#14     Apr 15, 2010
  5. dc101

dc101

Don't most pros suggest that one's trading style should fit one's personality - market, instrument type, time frame, risk, etc.?

#15     Apr 15, 2010
  6. monty09

monty09

energy trading gives you career movement to well... energy trading

#16     Apr 15, 2010
  7. Practice really does make perfect and gives you confidence which is appealing to any interviewer - but remember to adopt a professional, restrained and sincere attitude appropriate to the position on offer. Don’t be over exuberant, over talkative or over friendly.

#17     Nov 3, 2010
  8. hdblue

hdblue

Dear friends

I like Energy trader interview - looking for tips / advice very much.

Very useful for me.

Rgs

#18     Feb 24, 2011