Energy Secretary Chu: Goal Is Not To Lower Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 29, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Get yourself a horse and a good overcoat.

#11     Feb 29, 2012
  2. My sailboat gets infinite miles per gallon.

#12     Feb 29, 2012
  3. Yeah, I can only imagine that you didnt say boo when Crude prices, under Bush's watch, went from 15-20 bucks, to 147 bucks....

Not to mention Bush didn't have a clue about $4 gasoline...I hadn't heard about that! he said...

Betcha didnt say BOO about that...

Know why??

Cuz you and pspr and Ohms and a few others like you, are just partisan hacks...Who have ZERO idea why oil and gas prices rise....

#13     Feb 29, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The leftists are saying that speculators are responsible for the rising price of gasoline prices.

Not a mention of them blocking permits for domestic crude production offshore or at Anwar. No mention of them blocking permits for new gasoline refineries or all of the other administration policies that effectively reduce supply. No mention of Obama's stated policy of increasing gasoline prices in order to reduce carbon emission.

The concept of supply and demand and elasticity seem to be lost on these guys.

I got a minor in economics at USC when I was in engineering school. Chu and Obama seem to have skipped their economics classes if you ask me.

So they're going to blame "speculators". Its just another manifestation of class warfare.

#14     Feb 29, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Really?

You have first hand knowledge of my reaction to rising fuel prices during Bush's second term?

I don't remember you being around but I was completely furious and personally thought that somehow Bush was enriching his oil company buddies and I said that here repeatedly in this forum.

So you are completely wrong on that.

Now you are going to tell me that I don't know why oil and gas prices rise?

I mentioned my formal education in economics in the previous post, six semesters at university, a minor in economics. What is your formal education in economics Optional?

You make things up. There is a word for that.

I say you don't know shit.

#15     Feb 29, 2012
  6. In fact, he said that "somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," which are in the neighborhood of $8 a gallon.

---------------

This is odd.

If the energy secretary is trying to figure out how to raise the price of gas, then Pelosi and others blame speculators.

Speculators have the blessing of the energy dept?

Pelosi statements provide cover for whatever political implications of Obama's policies, which are the energy dept policies.

Suppose GS is thee major oil trader/speculator, then they can do so with WH blessing, no matter how this plays out in the media.

#16     Feb 29, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Optional only deserves a one word reply:

<font size="5">Booo!</font>

#17     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Use it to go shopping and make your way around town do you?

#18     Mar 1, 2012
  9. Now imagine if american voters had brains , i know i am reaching here, and voted Ross Perot into the White Hhouse. All that corrupted Bush shit with Nafta and Saudis,Iraq, Halliburton $30 hamburger, $9 per gallon gasoline for a military in Afghanistan and OPEC would never happen.
    Just imagine that.

#19     Mar 1, 2012
  10. Well that's good that you were able to be furious about that. I'm sure that didn't stop you from voting Bush and then McCain and not taking any of this into context.
    6 semester of econ? Ok fine. Got me beat there.
    I have multiple licenses and 12 years real world experience in finance, brokerage and economics.
    Ive given speeches from New York to San Fran during the last decade to massive crowds of investors who couldn't understand why oil prices rise. They blame AnWAR or Bush or Obama or Clinton or speculators. They don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

ITS THE DOLLAR!!!

#20     Mar 1, 2012