Energy Market Preview

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TradeTheNews, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Bullet

Bullet

For what it is worth, the customer service (the folks you deal with on the phone) are neither friendly nor informative. They refuse to give you any pricing until you try their mediocre free trial.

The are very proud of their service, as their pricing will indicate to all that get a quote. Another news service is NTKN. They are an ok service, but they too leave much to be desired. unfortunately, most of these audio news services simply tell you what happened, they do not offer analysis, worthwhile rumors or insight to what the street is thinking.

I have used all these services at one point or another, and dollar for dollar I suppose I would pick NTKN.....they aren't cheap either, but at least they dont rob you blind.

#41     Feb 27, 2007
  2. PJKIII

PJKIII

Actually I'm doing the trial and I like it...I agree with you that they tend to report what has happened and don't offer opinions on where things are going, but I do like the content so far. They have me on FX/Interest Rate/Futures updates and I also get "play by play" in the S&P futures pit at the CME that I turn on from time to time throughout the day and which provides nice market background noise, even when trading energy futures.

As an aside, I heard of a company a while ago that actually offers a "trading noise" service for people who used to trade on the floor and have migrated to the screens....if you know of it I'd be interested to know the name...

Oh yeah, and it would be great to get Trade the News back on here!

#42     Feb 27, 2007