"End The IRS Before It Ends Us..." -- Grover Norquist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Apr 28, 2015.

1. jem

jem

or even this...

Ron Paul supports the elimination of the income tax and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). He asserts that Congress had no power to impose a direct income tax and has introduced legislation to repeal of the 16th Amendment to the Constitution, which was ratified on February 3, 1913.

An income tax is the most degrading and totalitarian of all possible taxes. Its implementation wrongly suggests that the government owns the lives and labor of the citizens it is supposed to represent. Tellingly, “a heavy progressive or graduated income tax” is Plank #2 of the Communist Manifesto, which was written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels and first published in 1848.

To provide funding for the federal government, Ron Paul supports excise taxes, non-protectionist tariffs, massive cuts in spending.

Ron Paul discusses the income tax and the “FAIR Tax” in May 2007:

On November 20, 2008 Ron Paul said in a New York Times / Freakonomics interview:

“I want to abolish the income tax, but I don’t want to replace it with anything. About 45 percent of all federal revenue comes from the personal income tax. That means that about 55 percent — over half of all revenue — comes from other sources, like excise taxes, fees, and corporate taxes.

We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990s. We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better.”

#31     Apr 29, 2015
  2. jem

jem

to answer piezoe... apparently federal income tax raises about 45 of govt revenue... in the past tariffs raised about 30% of govt revenue... and our govt spending could easily be cut 10% without the poor feeling it. So we just cut 1% a year til we match tariff revenues.

Before reading the site below please remember that the income tax came about to support the Federal Reserve...

Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” -Woodrow Wilson"

http://www.progressive-economy.org/...ment-revenue-in-1912-and-now-raise-1-percent/

THE NUMBERS: U.S. federal government revenue collection in 1912 –

Total revenue: $992 million
    Tariffs $311 million
    Postage stamps & fees $245 million
    Liquor taxes $230 million
    Tobacco taxes $77 million
    Corporate income taxes $35 million
    Panama Canal receipts $33 million
    All other* $96 million

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    #32     Apr 29, 2015
  3. IOW... we currently take in 3,000,000% more tax revenue than in 1912... and it still ain't enough?

(Makes one think.... that NO amount of tax revenue would ever be enough.)

#33     Apr 29, 2015
    BSAM likes this.
  4. jem

jem

and even though our economy has grown massively since then... look at all that inflation.
    How did that happen?
    There is only one answer...
    The people who own the federal reserve got to spend trillions of trillions of US dollars around the world buying up other countries assets and govts... probably like DeBeers and other mining and energy companies.

Do we really need to pay income taxes... Maybe we can just put the owners of the Fed on a budget?

#34     Apr 29, 2015
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Time to end the presumption of guilt before innocence. The tax code, civil asset forfeiture, family court.....all these bullshit laws PRESUME guilt before innocence, and the Government acts with impunity with no respect for the Rule of Law.

Rand Paul wants to end this shit. End this corrupt shitty system. What a fucking joke this prison is

#35     Apr 29, 2015
    BSAM likes this.
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Ted Cruz is in favor of a flat tax.

And...we are all impressed with your intellect.

#36     Apr 29, 2015
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Who said they were?

#37     Apr 29, 2015
  8. BSAM

BSAM

It's SLAVERY.

What you earn is NONE OF THE GOVERNMENT'S DAMN BUSINESS.

#38     Apr 29, 2015
    achilles28 likes this.
  9. BSAM

BSAM

And neither is what you say on your telephone.

#39     Apr 29, 2015
    achilles28 likes this.
  10. loyek590

loyek590

I was replying to your misguided belief that if we spend money on the military ALL people should pay for it.

#40     Apr 29, 2015