End The Fed?..And then what

Discussion in 'Economics' started by lrm21, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Ask Ron Paul.

#41     Sep 21, 2009
  2. Didn't the US rise as a superpower with a quality of living unmatched in history after the hard times of the 1930's?

I understand your reasoning and that of others in trying to avoid the hardship people endured back then but perhaps societies have to pay a price somethimes to ensure future wellbeing of generations to come.

#42     Sep 21, 2009
  3. moarla

moarla

It should be happen bevore the mess started.
    BUT also now: who made the errors have to go down.

#43     Sep 21, 2009
  4. Daal

Daal

Yeah specially, right after FDR devalued the dollar and the fed started to print money, getting the PPI and CPI to put a large yoy gain and ending the debt deflation price spiral. Sorry the austrians are only correct with deflation where debt is not huge, when debt is everywhere deflation is a poison that kills the economy

#44     Sep 21, 2009
  5. You are saying exercise is healthy but when you weigh 500 pounds it can kill you.

Agreed.

Probably a catch 22 so it seems.

#45     Sep 21, 2009
  6. lrm21

lrm21

Please elaborate more on the Colonial Script concept or if you have further links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_scrip

#46     Sep 21, 2009
  7. Wow....there must be some real crap out there on the internet about the function of the Federal Reserve. I don't need to respond to someone that thinks the banks control our Federal Reserve. If that's what you're thinking, perhaps getting a BS or BA in economics will show you what they do, but only then will you be able to tell me that I'm misinformed.

#47     Sep 21, 2009
  8. If you want to point to what the Fed has done, this statement isn't far off the mark. The answer is yes, or would you like to debate that one?

#48     Sep 21, 2009
  9. There is a question in everybody's mind, but dare not to ask. Are you a Jew?

#49     Sep 21, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

You're an idiot.

FED ownership is public information. Banks own it.

I've got a formal background in economics, which is clearly more than you.

Why do you suppose the Treasury pays interest on national debt the FED prints from NOTHING.

Half of all interest on the national debt is paid to (and allegedly "destroyed") , by the FED.

Why do Americans pay north of 250 Billion in income tax, only to have it purportedly "destroyed"?

Enlighten us.

#50     Sep 22, 2009