End of years profit and loss gleening...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

I have sold a lot of stocks (my long term loses) and want to buy some of them back. It is over 31 days so I am fine when I buy...It can be anytime in Dec/Jan. I will get clobbered in taxes this year (long term capital gains). Just wondering which days (weeks) in December, do most people grab (take) their losses and gains for the tax season?? Any insight...??

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

December. You have 29 days to comply, or you will be assimilated by Biden and his Borg queen, Kamala. Resistance is futile.

KCalhoun, MarkBrown and CALLumbus like this.
  3. %%
    Most people do not let the federal gov or taxes have first place;
    if we lived in the 1960's with tax rates of 90%/ thats a different deal. That explains the big tax exit from NY\CA.............................................................................................................
    ROTH + back door Roth may help/CPA may help. [Clobbered with cap gains/LOL its a lower rate, dude.]
    Actually Cabin111/200, mostly DEC+ JAN= up month inSPY/QQQ.....
    Losses or gains i may scale in\ out/or just get out with profits like TQQQ this week......

4. Cabin111

Cabin111

Live in California...A big clobber for state tax!! Plus all those losses I was going to glean a few months ago...Now in December, they are profits from the market rise!!

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. %%
    I've done some business in CA;
    @ that time they had a better gov[R Reagan +] /+ tax was not on non residents.LOL...................................