End Of The Free Markets Is Now!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by EMRGLOBAL, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Why certainly! Just look at how less regulated it has become to board a plane under the directives of the TSA. Look at how efficient the handling of the Katrina disaster was under FEMA. Look how effective our border control is with Mexico under U.S. Customs & Border Control. Look at the reduction of illegal aliens and how efficient our immigration policy has become under U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

All of these agencies were separate entities until they were merged through the Homeland Security Act of 2003 which united 22 agencies.

We traded 22 independent agencies for a behemoth called "The Department of Homeland Security". To think growing up I was taught that the preservation of our national security was provided by the Dept. of Defense.

It's akin to the loss of all the Mom and Pop businesses in America to Wal-Mart.

But it gets better. Because now the Director of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff wants to regulate the Congressional oversight of his department in the name of efficiency.

Who will they be accountable to?

I have to laugh, regulate Congress, what for? They don't do anything to begin with.

And now they want to take greater control of the financial markets. Where will it end?

One last thought, take a good look at your digital driver license. Then the next time you meet someone from out of state take a good look at theirs. Notice the resemblance? Yeah you already carrying around your national ID card in your wallet compliments of the TSA division of Homeland Security.

As our rights are eroded just pray you don't end up in the cell next to me.

Just,
    My2cents

#31     Mar 29, 2008
  2. bellman

bellman

Obviously in retrospect at the time of the most pessimism the bottom occurs, but that helps us not at all in the present

#32     Mar 29, 2008
  3. To all of you that are rejecting the reality that the banking system is systemically insolvent...face it and accept it while you still have options.

If this was a traditional correction the indexes would have been racing north months ago. This is the real deal. Talking about max pessimism and inflections is the epitome of moral hazard in our situation.

:D

#33     Mar 29, 2008
  4. The Fed: New financial supercop? new financial Gestapo?
    Too broad, too ambiguous, they don't even define "risky actions", risky actions are whatever the Fed thinks they are, or whatever they don't like.

#34     Mar 29, 2008
  5. Btw, iT'S TIME TO SHORT THE MARKET. If Congress does not want to pass this bill at first, I have a feeling the PPT will take a little vacation and we might see a market correction to create more panic.

#35     Mar 29, 2008
  6. bellman

bellman

You would lose... they would change the rules again, and simply print more money. But you might be on the right track.

#36     Mar 29, 2008
  7. I see licenses from every state on a regular basis...they are as different as the people who carry them. Not to say it could never happen, but as long as the states are individuals, there will be state drivers licenses.

Stephen

#37     Mar 29, 2008
  8. Where you are misunderstood is in believing that "printing money", which by the way has NOT happened in any form or fashion, would fix the credit crisis.

THE TREASURY WILL NOT PRINT MONEY BECAUSE THEY LOSE CONTROL OF COMMERCE AND TAXATION WITH A MEANS OF PHYSICAL EXCHANGE!

:D

#38     Mar 29, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

jim rogers has said for years you should get your money and other assets out of the US.

#39     Mar 29, 2008
  10. Covert

Covert

#40     Mar 29, 2008