End Of The Free Markets Is Now!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by EMRGLOBAL, Mar 28, 2008.

1. toc

toc

Agencies like DEA, CIA, Immigration etc. don't work a squat in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. More drugs on streests, more misleading of US into senseless wars, more illegals than ever. New agencies and regulators will have to do something very different to prove their functions.

#21     Mar 29, 2008
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Business does whatever it can get away with, and the definition of get away with includes breaking the law if it is felt the chance of apprehension is slim.

If there was no regulation of business most rivers would be devoid of life coz its cheaper to pollute than treat etc etc

Regulators act in a way that protects their job and benefits, or don't act if the job at the agency is viewed as a conduit to an industry job e.g. a regulator we are all familiar with.....

#22     Mar 29, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

Big Hog, I think that you will find that those who are most pissed are those who DID self regulate and not engage in stupid risky behaviour and who now will have to pay for those who did not self regulate.

Better make some serious coin in the next year or two people as the taxes that are coming will be huge. Looks like selling the crap out of put credit spreads will be a very profitable and safe strategy now that we know the market will not be allowed to crash.

#23     Mar 29, 2008
  4. Why do I have a problem with it?

1) Regulations are in place and were not enforced. The Fed has already proven incompetent to and is NOT a government entity...it is quasi government with a mandate to prop up banks as we have witnessed first hand. The DEREGULATION and CONCENTRATION of regulation is the root of the problem.

2) Transparency - Trade everything on an exchange with a clearing firm to enforce margin. The derivative mess is what enabled the problem to grow so large this time.

3) State banks - If the original model of state banks and reserve requirement enforcement was still in place we wouldn't be in a banking crisis. There would be no too big to fail. This is an acceptable cost for the risk management of the banking system.

Go back and do some homework on why the founding fathers told Great Britain to pound sand...these are sad days for the USA.

:D

#24     Mar 29, 2008
  5. So new powers do not cover just wall st investment banks, but also hedge funds and commodities markets, if they are thought to "pose a risk to the financial system".

What's next? a SWAT team up your a** if you go long oil, gold, short the dollar, short LEH???

Short SIFs and they freeze your account??

I'd love to hear what Jimmy Rogers have to say about this.

#25     Mar 29, 2008
  6. Exactly.
    Why a non-elected, accountable to no-one, private entity should have so much power?
    Are we witnessing a slow motion coup de etat?

#26     Mar 29, 2008
  7. Buzzy -

There's nothing slow about it anymore. Wakeup people, everything you've built/earned in your life will be stripped from you if you don't say no. It's getting to the point were the patriotic thing is to strip the banks of their power by withdrawing our deposits.

:D

#27     Mar 29, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

Look !

Only YOU can stop this !!!

I hate to say this but Americans have become pansies

Since Bush took office and told you all to shut up and I'm going to do whatever the hell "I" want, you've all turned into a bunch of whiny babies.

Stand up - Yell Scream - Protest - Do whatever it takes to make your voices be heard again.

Seriously what the hell happened to the only country in the world that would not allow government to control you !!!!!

#28     Mar 29, 2008
  9. Don't they realize that the Fed and Bernanke are the greatest risks to the overall financial system?

#29     Mar 29, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

We already know what Rogers says... "Cash in your chips and GET THE HELL OUT OF AMERICA".

#30     Mar 29, 2008