End of the day rally? Will next week be up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bbraunstein, Aug 2, 2002.

1. tuna

tuna

Could be called a gap close day and we rally maybe so,CSCO earnings Aug 6 aftermarket and if that happens to be bad i think my chart might be correct.....Just one possibility and possibly wrong....

#11     Aug 3, 2002
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

right - but somehow nobody wants to hear this. i guess most think the markets are so deep - they MUST be cheap now.

absolutely! why is there such a "black and white"-thinking? maybe there will come a looong grey period ...?

#12     Aug 3, 2002
  3. What rally?

#13     Aug 3, 2002
  4. Well on that strong note I just refied my house and took 120% loan to put into the US market that is "poised for a significant move up". Thanks to your friend for hooking us up like that!!

#14     Aug 3, 2002
  5. tuna

tuna

LOL:D

#15     Aug 3, 2002
  6. I have read this particular observation many times but so far no one has explained how you can define what kind of market your in in time to take advantage of it. A trend is not to difficult to see once it gets going and if it lasts for awhile you can take advantage of it but when it starts going sideways how do you know when to switch to oscillators, etc.

#16     Aug 3, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

14:00 low at 852.50 to close at 864.00 - this is not a trivial move...

nitro

#17     Aug 3, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

The end of the day rally gave some real opportunitites to make some money. As far as predicting anything at this point, it is premature.

IMHO, spoos are now fairly valued at ~850 [once again] in the intermediate term. Moves away from here will be random walks, or event driven [e.g., the FED easing, etc]

Was it real buying - IMHO - YES. It did not feel like a short covering rally to me. Doesn't mean it won't go lower though...

I have no idea as to a bottom on the NAZ - but, hypothetically, if it doesn't "bother" you when it went from 2000 to 5000, why would it bother you if it goes from 2000 to 850?

Thoughts about next week :confused:

nitro

#18     Aug 3, 2002
  9. egildone

egildone

Warren Buffet buys pipelines for 900mil and 928mil. Invests in Level 3 comm to the tune of 100mil!

Ed:)

#19     Aug 3, 2002
  10. Atlantic

Atlantic

just a small end of day bounce after test of support line (july 25 / 26) - take a 30 min. chart - looks not so impressive there...

#20     Aug 3, 2002