End of quarter buying (vote)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Sep 25, 2006.

Illegal or Not

1. Yes they should do more

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. No it's the democratic way

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. I don't care I will just make $$$ off it

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. Joab

Joab

The SEC should be taking stronger steps to stop this nonsense !!!!

For those of you who don't know, fund companies BUY BUY BUY in the last 5 days of every quarter, to boost up performance levels artificially.

This is illegal but yet it still continues to happen. WHY ???

2. KS96

KS96

which part is illegal exactly?

are you caught short?

3. There is no such thing as legal/illegal or good/evil in business, just what you can get away with.

4. Remember one thing. Anything that is predictable can be profitable. Why not develop an end of quarter strategy?

5. because he is short - hopefully he is the one i bought my aapl from 2 months back.....

:cool: :cool:

6. Joab

Joab

You'll notice my vote is to make $$$ off of it but I dislike taking advantage of Main St.

Half the fun in this business is outsmarting the fund co.'s and this is one of the times we have to help them screw over the common investor and his retirement fund.

If the SEC did it's job right this would just be another normal day and I would still make $$$ dispite helping the fund co.'s.

btw, did i mention some of you guys are morons and remeber what goes around comes around.

7. LOL. 2 problems:

1) do your forget these funds ARE the common investor and his retirement? where do you think pension and 401k money goes?

2) you will not outsmart the large funds. he who has the most money moves free markets the most. the big boys will _crush_ you.

8. Joab

Joab

Karl your crazy but I guess you knew that already.

1. Duh ... think about what u just said.
    2. I guess I better give back all the $$$ I've made over the years from trading against the markets which are 90% fund co.'s

9. how is your short doing? :D :D :D

mad love.

10. Joab

Joab

I'm not short anything karl, your just crazy :D

sheesh this board is going to the dogs.

#10     Sep 28, 2006