End of production for F-22 fighter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by turkeyneck, Jul 21, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Oh, I think it should be phased out and in with the new. After all, they delivered or in the process of delivering all that was initially ordered. This add on was a means by the district representatives to save jobs.

I was just playing with you when you postulated why was Obama even addressing it.

#11     Jul 22, 2009
  2. Understood.
    As someone on TV recently suggested, it seems as though Obama might just be spending too much time "courting" the parents of his prom date ( the media ) rather than his date ( Congress ).

At some point, he needs to concentrate on the "Girl" in order to get his health care policy ( and other policies ) into law.

:)

#12     Jul 22, 2009
  3. GTG

GTG

My understanding is that the F-22 is a superior "dog-fighter" to the F-35. The F-35 is intended to be a more general purpose fighter for use against both ground and air targets by multiple branches of the military. The F-22 is still the best at shooting down other aircraft. I think I read a while back that in tests against the latest F-15's (or was it F-16's?), which are probably a little better than China's best fighters, the F-22 wins even when outnumbered 12 to 1. Those kind of odds are a powerful deterrent to Chinese aggression against our allies in Asia.

#13     Jul 22, 2009
  4. That is exactly right. The F-22 is superior to the F-35 in many aspects. It is just my opinion but I think the F-35 in the long run will not be an overly effective fighter. They are simply trying to make it accomplish too many tasks for the different branches. I have seen these F-22s fly and they are bad ass.

#14     Jul 22, 2009
  5. Comparing these two aircraft is like trying to compare "apples & oranges".

First off the F-22 has vectoring engines and the F-35 wont so i believe that the F-35 wont stand a chance in a dogfight. In fact, I believe that the F-22 can turn at twice the rate of an F-35. Enough said.

The F-22 is designed for air superiority. Intercept, air-to-air, stealth FIGHTER.

The F-35 is a multi-role fighter-bomber for close ground support, air-to-surface target destruction.

3 versions:

Air Force - Support, stealth fighter-bomber, Navy- STOL fighter-bomber with stealth capability that F-18 just doesn't have, Marines - Vertical take off/ Harrier replacement with supersonic capability (Harrier does not have) for close ground support.

As "GTG" posted earlier, they are entirely different aircraft for different roles!

#15     Jul 22, 2009
  6. Illum

Illum

#16     Jul 23, 2009