End of loose monetary policy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by CoolTrader, Nov 30, 2021.

1. JSOP

JSOP

I already said vaccines should not be the only option; there should be more focus on treatment options as well. And I have already spent one entire post on redemsivir, a drug that's for humans and is highly effective in controlling the disease at early stages and yet they are not approving it for its usage during early stages. Obviously you didn't read it so I will put it here again. I don't care that people don't want to be vaccinated but they are refusing vaccination for the wrong reasons and they refuse to listen to the right ones and instead choose to listen to conspiracy theories. That's what I have problems with. If this horse deworming medication is working so well then why are we still seeing surging infection cases? This is a cheap drug that should be easily deployed all around the world and there is no stopping of anybody from getting it in the pharmacy. Then WHY are we still seeing all those hospitalizations and deaths? People can just take this horse medicine and there should be no one in the hospital...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    #21     Nov 30, 2021
  2. JSOP

JSOP

People are just panicking because they were all long in the market. That's all.

#22     Nov 30, 2021
  3. I may have screwed up many things in my life but this isn't one. Been off sugar for the most part for years. And yes, it's friggin everywhere. I use a meal prep service to avoid crap or just eat unbreaded chicken, meat or fish if I'm out.

#23     Nov 30, 2021
  4. Show me Florida hospitalizations (TOTAL) and Texas (TOTAL) vs California (TOTAL). I don't want hospitalizations separated out into COVID or other.

#24     Nov 30, 2021
  5. JSOP

JSOP

:thumbsup: You also have to be careful with other sugar equivalents, corn syrup, fructose, sucrose, honey, fruit juice like lemon juice, and etc. Manufacturers of processed food love to list their sugar contents as "0" in the Nutrition Information but if you examine their ingredient list, it's full of these sugar equivalents and they advertise their products as "Low in sugar". LOL

My dad, may he rest in peace, lost his life to diabetes. It's one of the cruelest diseases in the world that it's pure torture to the patient as well all those who are with the patient. Not going through that in my life.

#25     Nov 30, 2021
  6. VicBee

VicBee

Reading all the comments I'm surprised that covid and variants are discussed the same way we did in 2020. After all, we know much more; vaccination works and significantly reduces the numbers in ICU and deaths. While vaccination doesnt prevent catching the virus, it greatly slows its transmission.

Therefore, it doesn't matter that covid and variants are spiking. It is expected to, very much like the flu but, unlike the flu, the mortality rate for the unvaccinated within defined age group is high.

Choosing not to get vaccinated increases your chances of catching the virus, of suffering severe side effects and possibly die. That would be your choice, except the unvaccinated create opportunities for the virus to mutate, risk making the vaccine ineffective, kill many more people and prolong this "covid era". For this reason, governments around the world are making vaccination mandatory, hoping to prevent a new, far more deadly strain that existing vaccines don't control.

Also, it's not good enough for 60% or 75% of a population to be vaccinated and not the others. Still leaves far too many opportunities for the virus to spread quickly. Singapore is now 94% vaccinated, probably the highest in the world.

On the positive side, as long as white people continue to refuse to get vaccinated, the blame for new strains can't shift to poor colored people of the world who aren't vaccinated for lack of vaccines.

#26     Nov 30, 2021
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. LOL are you paying attention they're still blaming the poor colored people.

#27     Nov 30, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah I do not know why this vaccine against such a highly contagious and deadly virus is never made mandatory. The vaccine should have been made mandatory across the globe in every single country right from the beginning regardless of religion, creed, belief or whatever. As long as you are eligible healthwise and agewise, you get the jab, no if's and but's. If the virus doesn't give a s*** about the host's religion, why should a person's religion be a factor? Where are all those dictators when you need one? Because as long as people are not getting vaccinated and are still getting infected, it gives the virus the chance to survive, to mutate and everybody suffers and all those people who got vaccinated are vaccinated for nothing. Race has nothing to do with it. This virus is an equal opportunity infector.

In fact Moderna's CEO stated that there were 70 million doses of Moderna in surplus that it made available to lower-income countries and yet Covax (the international organization responsible for inoculating lower-income countries) and individual countries never picked them up and Moderna actually ran out of inventory space to store them. Can't blame "white people" on this one.

And then at the same time when everybody is getting vaccinated, you work on a viable and cost-effective treatment option so if there are any breakthrough infections, you can treat it effectively so the virus doesn't get a chance to survive and mutate.

#28     Nov 30, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  9. JSOP

JSOP

Let's see what Powell's statements are like tomorrow. I hope he's taken note of the color of the $SPY bar today.

#29     Dec 1, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I'd post "That Sugar Film" again, but nobody would watch it, so I won't bother.

#30     Dec 1, 2021